Last Stand at Korson Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Last Stand at Korson Tournament

Postby Robjess » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:06 pm

We are now taking registrations for the "Last Stand at Korsun" Tournament. We want to kick this tournament off fairly quickly, so register now to secure your spot. We will continue to accept registrations until we have enough players to make the Tournament worthwhile.

So please register sooner rather then later!

Scenario: Last Stand at Korsun
Version: Korsun Pocket : 1.11
Options: Unknown Units On, Random weather On. Replays and Security must be enabled. All other options are normal.

This will NOT be a mirror tournament. Round 1 draws will be random, with the winner of Round 1 games progressing into Round 2 and so on. The number of rounds in the Tournament will be determined by the number of registrations we receive.

You should not register to enter this Tournament unless you are able to complete 1 turn at least every 2-3 days (minor exceptions are allowable).

To Register, send an email to the Run5 Webmaster (webmaster@war.robjess.com) and provide the following information:
Put "Last Stand Tournament" in the subject field of the email.
Your Real Name
Your Run5 Forum Name
Your Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder Name
Your Email address that you want the tournament PBEM files sent to.

All players will receive the Korsun Pocket Tour of Duty Medal:

The winner will receive the Tournament Winners Medal:

The runner up will receive the Tournament Runners Up Medal:

Other rules and things you should be aware of:

- All players must be registered on the Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder
- All games must be based upon the most recent patch available at the commencement of each Round (so in other words if a new patch is made available mid Tournament then all players must adopt and install that new patch when they commence their next round). The Patch 1.11 must be inmstalled and used for Round 1.
- This is a knockout Tourmament with only the winners from each round progressing to the next and subsequent rounds.
- All games must be played in PBEM Security Mode
- All units must be set to hidden
- Unknown unit strengths must be set to on
- All other settings must be set to Normal
- Round 1 opponents will be randomly selected by Run5 staff, and once annouced are final
- Subsequent round opponents will be determined by previous round winners
- Players should not register and enter the tournament unless they are able to completed a turn at least each 2-3 days. Preferrably 1 turn a day if possible.
- Each round should be completed within 1 month of commencement - or at which time Run5 staff may determine a winner based upon the circumstances of the case.
- These games are automatically eligible for reporting on the Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder - at the discretion of the winner.
- The winner will be declared Run5 Last Stand Champion.. until the next Last Stand Tournament. :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Twinkle » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:34 pm

I'm in... 8)

Unknown unit strengths must be set to on

:) :) :D ... thanks!

regards
/twinkle :wink:
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:36 pm

Last time I met with Troutie from SSG he was flabbergasted that we played the TAO Tournament without unknown units on.. it really is a feature that is often overlooked.. most PBEM games that I play these days have uknown units and random weather on..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Maxblaster » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:21 pm

Now, that I finally understand the tricks of TAO (crossing water, heavy forest,...), we start a new tournament in an unknown map for me :(
Well, euh, anyway, if you're up to me, 2nd round is open for you

I'm in (still am)
Image Image Image
Maxblaster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Twinkle » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:23 pm

Yes, but it do add a random element that I don't really like (*) (in addition to the already random interdiction), and the secure mode doesn't keep player #1 from restarting the scenario until he is happy with the set-up. So I was expecting to see this kind of tournament after the BiN release with new secure mode set-up. Anyway, it makes it more fun, and maybe we could look forward to weather in the future tournaments. And possibly, tournament on a small map, mirror game and no Combat Advisor.

cheers
/twinkle

(*) it would be fair if both sides got the same decrease/increase of total strength, shock values etc... i.e., randomness then it comes to the units, but not for the total!
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 pm

We will run mirror Tournaments in the future - I deliberated over the weekend over whether this should have been a mirror one.. and I decided against it due to the fact that I want this one to be a quick Tournament - more of a filler whilst JSS and I finalise our 'special one'.

I also plan to run Combat Advisor OFF tournaments in the future dont worry..

I can confirm that Battles in Normandy has a special "Tournament Mode" as part of their PBEM set up, which will enable Tournament masters (like me :)) to actually set the games up and then send them out to people.. which means that player 1 WONT be able to keep 're-having' his turn until he is satisfied with it.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Brubaker » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:55 pm

I am IN!!! Random features on...gulp...maybe I will win a game ;)
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:17 pm

Random features.. yeah Im hoping they will help me out.. I have never played this scenario before.. think I will be getting some games in in the next day or so :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby thewolf » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:37 pm

OK I'm in...

I also will run the 2nd chance tornament again...

If you guys want it :)
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Winner of his FIRST Tornament match!

Current Matches
1: Burma as allies Vs Trojan
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby panzcaster » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:11 pm

I want to get into this tournament but I need a little help getting the e-mail thing down first.

Need someone to play in me in a 2 turn game ( 3 moves per turn ) something short and quik, just to see if my e-mails go thru , and if I am recieving them with no problems.

I know it's not that hard, been having a few problems with it though.
panzcaster
New Recruit

Postby Robjess » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:17 pm

Sure Im happy to help you sort it out.. send me an email at webmaster@war.robjess.com.

Start out by starting up a PBEM game (doesnt matter what one) and entering my email address.. move a few units and then send it on to me..

Make sure you are running patch 1.11
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Re: Last Stand at Korson Tournament

Postby Manny » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:10 pm

robjess wrote:<snip>
All players will receive the Korsun Pocket Tour of Duty Medal:
<snip>

Count me in, I just gotta have a medal ;-)
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:01 am

Rob - Do you have a little better idea on how soon you will start? I have issues that would prevent me from starting for about a week, maybe a little longer and don't want to join in if I'll be holding things up. Thanks.
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby pterrok » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 am

Geez, always announcing these things on the weekend--when I DON'T check the site! I mean, T-1 at work or 56K at home, which would you use? ;)
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Arnvidh » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:07 am

Arnvidh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)