Ok you want a new Tournament? Well this one wasnt on the "what should the next tournament be?" Poll. But...
Registrations are now open for the Battles in Italy - TAO5 Tournament.
This Tournament will be slightly different to previous tournaments in that it will feature all 3 TAO5 scenarios (Race to the Meuse, St Vith and the full campaign). This is how it will work - exact details will depend upon the number of players who play..
The Tournament will commence with players playing mirrored games of the Race to the Meuse scenario with the end of game points for each player combined from both games, with the player with the highest points deemed the winner and advanced to the next round(s).
For example, if Robjess and JSS were playing, we would play 2 games of Race to the Meuse, one with me as the allies and one with me as the Axis, at the end of each game we would record our scores and then total them up after the completed of both games - the person with the higher score advanced to the next round.
Robjess (allies) - 352
JSS (axis) - 250
Robjess (axis) - 219
JSS (allies) - 402
Robjess (total) : 352+219=571
JSS (total): 250+402=652
JSS wins and advances to the next round.
Subsequent rounds will be based upon the 6th Pz Armee (St Vith) scenario and the same principles will be applied - two games, mirrored with the player with the best combined score at the end advancing.
Finals games with be based upon the full TAO Campaign.
I will confirm how many rounds will be based upon each scenario once the final number of players have been confirmed.
If you would like to take part in this Tournament you must send me an email (email@example.com) with the following details:
Put "TAO5 Tournament" in the subject field of the email. And advise of the following information:
Your Real Name
Your Run5 Forum User Name
Your Run5 Combat Leagues PBEM Ladder User Name
Your Email address that you want the tournament PBEM files sent to
And attached your Battles in Italy PBEM profile to the email item
The following instructions will advise you on how to create a Battles in Italy PBEM Profile.
http://www.ssg.com.au/Run5/articles/Pro ... ofiles.htm
Whilst these instructions were written for Battles in Normandy, the process is the same for Battles in Italy. You need to attach a copy of your profile to your Registration email.
You can not register by simply replying in this thread - you must send me an email as detailed above.
Sounds good - what else do I need to know?
The period for registrations will be open for several weeks - or until we receive enough registrations to commence the Tournament. Eitherway the Tournament will not commence prior to the forthcoming PBEM Security Patch from SSG.
On the topic of Security - Tournament players should be made aware that all Tournament Games are played in PBEM Secure Mode. The security used by the DBWWII series involves several hidden keys and files being written to your computer so that PBEM games can be validated prior to loading. You should be advised that reinstalling Battles in Italy or your Windows Operation System/Registry mid way through a secure PBEM game may invalid that game. Any games invalidated in this manner will be deemed in the favour of your opponent.
In addition to this Secure PBEM games can only be completed on the same PC that the game for that Tournament Round was commenced on.
All Tournament Players will be awarded the Run5 TAO Tour of Duty Medal, Tournament winner and 1st runner up will also be presented the winner and runners up medal respectively.
The Fine Print
- All players must be registered on the Run5 PBEM Combat Leagues Ladder
- All games must be based upon the most recent patch available at the commencement of each Round (so in other words if a new patch is made available mid Tournament then all players must adopt and install that new patch when they commence their next round).
- Advancment into Round 2 and subsequent rounds will be based upon the results of the previous round.
- All games will be issued by the Tournament Master(s)
- All games must be played in PBEM Secure Mode
- All units will be set to hidden
- Combat advisor will be set to on
- All other settings will be set to Normal
- Round 1 opponents will be randomly selected by the Tournament Master/Run5 staff, and once announced are final
- Subsequent round opponents will be determined by previous round winners
- Players should not register and enter the tournament unless they are able to completed a turn at least each 2-3 days. Preferrably 1 turn a day if possible.
- All players should seek to keep to the above time frames - or Run5 staff/Tournament Master may determine a winner based upon the circumstances of the case if any games are significantly delaying the progress of the Tournament.
- These games are automatically eligible for reporting on the Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder - at the discretion of the winner.
- Tournament Rules may be subject to change at the discretion of Run5/SSG; subsequent changes to the rules will be announced via this thread.
- Nofitications of all results of games must be reported to the Tournament Master via email.
- The winner will be declared Run5 'TAO5' champ.. until the next Tournament that is!