Battles in Italy Husky Tournament!

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Battles in Italy Husky Tournament!

Postby Robjess » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:51 pm

In conjunction with Matrix Games, Run5 and SSG are pleased to open registrations for the Battles in Italy 'Operation Husky' Tournament.

As previously advised my Matrix Games, they will be sponsering this Tournament and have set aside the following prizes for the Tournament winner and runners up:

1st Place: $100 Gift Certificate
2nd Place: $50 Gift Certificate
3rd Place: $30 Gift Certificate
4th Place: $20 Gift Certificate

All gift certificates will be redeemable in the Matrix Games Online Store for the winners' choice of available games. Of course, along with the gift certificates will come bragging rights for the champions and no doubt a series of new challengers!

Sounds good - what do I need to know?

All tournament players must be aware of and agree with the Run5 PBEM and Tournament Rules - which can be found here:
http://ssg.com.au/forums/rules.php

It is deemed that all players who register for the Tournament are fully aware of these rules and agree with them. In addition to this Run5/SSG are the judges in relation to this Tournament and their decision is final in relation to the application of the rules and the mediation of any disputes between Tournament players. Remember the judges decision is final.

Players should not seek to enter this Tournament unless they can complete a turn at least every 2 or 3 days. Whilst we understand that there may be circumstances when you may not be able to complete your PBEM Tournament within this time frame, we would expect that these would be exceptional circumstances and in these instances you are obliged to advise your opponent and the Tournament Master of these occurances. The Tournament Master/Judges may remove, at their discretion any players who are unable to keep to these time frames or who are deemed to be slowing the Tournament down. Whilst we dont expect this to happen - you need to be aware of this.

To enter this Tournament you must be registered on the Run5 discussion forums (thats what you are reading now). If you do not have a valid account then you can register by clicking on the Register Link at right of the menu on the top of this page.

You also need to be a registered player on the Run5 (combat leagues) PBEM Ladder. You can register on this ladder via selecting Join on this link:
http://ssg.com.au/ladder/

Ok thats great! Got all that how do I register?

To register, send an email to:

webmaster@war.robjess.com

Put "Operation Husky" in the subject field of the email. And advise of the following information:

Your Real Name
Your Run5 Forum User Name
Your Run5 Combat Leagues PBEM Ladder User Name
Your Email address that you want the tournament PBEM files sent to
And attached your Batlles in Italy PBEM profile to the email item

The following instructions will advise you on how to create a Battles in Italy PBEM Profile.

http://www.ssg.com.au/Run5/articles/Pro ... ofiles.htm

Whilst these instructions were written for Battles in Normandy, the process is the same for Battles in Italy. You need to attach a copy of your profile to your Registration email.

You can not register by simply replying in this thread - you must send me an email as detailed above.

Sounds good - what else do I need to know?

The period for registrations will be open for several weeks - or until we receive enough registrations to commence the Tournament. Eitherway the Tournament will not commence prior to the forthcoming PBEM Security Patch from SSG.

On the topic of Security - Tournament players should be made aware that all Tournament Games are played in PBEM Secure Mode. The security used by the DBWWII series involves several hidden keys and files being written to your computer so that PBEM games can be validated prior to loading. You should be advised that reinstalling Battles in Italy or your Windows Operation System/Registry mid way through a secure PBEM game may invalid that game. Any games invalidated in this manner will be deemed in the favour of your opponent.

In addition to this Secure PBEM games can only be completed on the same PC that the game for that Tournament Round was commenced on.

All Tournament Players will be awarded the Run5 Husky Tour of Duty Medal (TBA), Tournament winner and 1st runner up will also be presented the winner and runners up medal respectively.

The Fine Print

- All players must be registered on the Run5 PBEM Combat Leagues Ladder
- All games must be based upon the most recent patch available at the commencement of each Round (so in other words if a new patch is made available mid Tournament then all players must adopt and install that new patch when they commence their next round).
- Advancment into Round 2 and subsequent rounds will be based upon the results of the previous round.
- All games will be issued by the Tournament Master(s)
- All games must be played in PBEM Secure Mode
- All units will be set to hidden
- Combat advisor will be set to on
- All other settings will be set to Normal
- Round 1 opponents will be randomly selected by the Tournament Master/Run5 staff, and once announced are final
- Subsequent round opponents will be determined by previous round winners
- Players should not register and enter the tournament unless they are able to completed a turn at least each 2-3 days. Preferrably 1 turn a day if possible.
- All players should seek to keep to the above time frames - or Run5 staff/Tournament Master may determine a winner based upon the circumstances of the case if any games are significantly delaying the progress of the Tournament.
- These games are automatically eligible for reporting on the Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder - at the discretion of the winner.
- Tournament Rules may be subject to change at the discretion of Run5/SSG; subsequent changes to the rules will be announced via this thread.
- Nofitications of all results of games must be reported to the Tournament Master via email.
- The winner will be declared Run5 'Husky' champ.. until the next Tournament that is!
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby pete AU » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:13 pm

I'm in - email sent :-)

This seems to be a balanced scenario - I can't think of any particular side I'd rather be.

not that theres a choice.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:28 pm

Perhaps you might get the Italian side :twisted: :!:
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:07 pm

I'm here! I just have to check and see if the BiI profile changed from the BiN profile and then the email will be sent as well!
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby thewolf » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:19 pm

Hmm, Rob can you confirm if you got an email from me. My emailer said it went through but was being umm 'suspicious'. Just what I don't need, email troubles.

And a question, how long are we waiting til secure games are 'right'? Or did someone fix them without me noticing?

The Wolf
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Winner of his FIRST Tornament match!

Current Matches
1: Burma as allies Vs Trojan
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pterrok » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:38 pm

Roger posted over in the Chit Chat thread that the problem was simply the way Matrix defined an entry in the Registry vs how SSG had been doing it. So they have a fix but they're just waiting to make sure nothing else pops up, and then they have to give Matrix time to repackage it, etc.
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Arckon » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:54 am

Email sent and looking forward to this.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby Hell Patrol » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:45 am

:shock: email sent, i think my papers are in order Herr Oberst!
When there is no more room in Hell the dead will walk the Earth.
Hell Patrol
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Charly G » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:45 am

Email sent.
PBEM GAMES
none

ImageImage
Charly G
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Graf Starhemberg » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:12 pm

I´m in, email will follow shortly...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Graf Starhemberg
Major
Major

Postby BATTboy » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:02 pm

I sent an email, just posting to see if I got the medals to work?
ImageImage
BATTboy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:43 pm

In a Melbourne Cup sweep, last pace always gets a prize :D

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Arckon » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:00 pm

Joe said,

In a Melbourne Cup sweep, last pace always gets a prize Very Happy

Well if thats the case last place is all wrapped up fella's.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby pete AU » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:52 pm

I don't see Mannys name - surely theres a medal involved!
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:03 pm

Given that there are prizes involved the SSG testers have had a private discussion and agreed that we will not take part in this Tournament - as we dont want it to be perceived that we would have any advantage. So best we sit this one out. We will have our own private tournament and maybe the winner of ours can play the winner of this one.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Next

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)