In conjunction with Matrix Games, Run5 and SSG are pleased to open registrations for the Battles in Italy 'Operation Husky' Tournament.
As previously advised my Matrix Games, they will be sponsering this Tournament and have set aside the following prizes for the Tournament winner and runners up:
1st Place: $100 Gift Certificate
2nd Place: $50 Gift Certificate
3rd Place: $30 Gift Certificate
4th Place: $20 Gift Certificate
All gift certificates will be redeemable in the Matrix Games Online Store for the winners' choice of available games. Of course, along with the gift certificates will come bragging rights for the champions and no doubt a series of new challengers!
Sounds good - what do I need to know?
All tournament players must be aware of and agree with the Run5 PBEM and Tournament Rules - which can be found here:
It is deemed that all players who register for the Tournament are fully aware of these rules and agree with them. In addition to this Run5/SSG are the judges in relation to this Tournament and their decision is final in relation to the application of the rules and the mediation of any disputes between Tournament players. Remember the judges decision is final.
Players should not seek to enter this Tournament unless they can complete a turn at least every 2 or 3 days. Whilst we understand that there may be circumstances when you may not be able to complete your PBEM Tournament within this time frame, we would expect that these would be exceptional circumstances and in these instances you are obliged to advise your opponent and the Tournament Master of these occurances. The Tournament Master/Judges may remove, at their discretion any players who are unable to keep to these time frames or who are deemed to be slowing the Tournament down. Whilst we dont expect this to happen - you need to be aware of this.
To enter this Tournament you must be registered on the Run5 discussion forums (thats what you are reading now). If you do not have a valid account then you can register by clicking on the Register Link at right of the menu on the top of this page.
You also need to be a registered player on the Run5 (combat leagues) PBEM Ladder. You can register on this ladder via selecting Join on this link:
Ok thats great! Got all that how do I register?
To register, send an email to:
Put "Operation Husky" in the subject field of the email. And advise of the following information:
Your Real Name
Your Run5 Forum User Name
Your Run5 Combat Leagues PBEM Ladder User Name
Your Email address that you want the tournament PBEM files sent to
And attached your Batlles in Italy PBEM profile to the email item
The following instructions will advise you on how to create a Battles in Italy PBEM Profile.
http://www.ssg.com.au/Run5/articles/Pro ... ofiles.htm
Whilst these instructions were written for Battles in Normandy, the process is the same for Battles in Italy. You need to attach a copy of your profile to your Registration email.
You can not register by simply replying in this thread - you must send me an email as detailed above.
Sounds good - what else do I need to know?
The period for registrations will be open for several weeks - or until we receive enough registrations to commence the Tournament. Eitherway the Tournament will not commence prior to the forthcoming PBEM Security Patch from SSG.
On the topic of Security - Tournament players should be made aware that all Tournament Games are played in PBEM Secure Mode. The security used by the DBWWII series involves several hidden keys and files being written to your computer so that PBEM games can be validated prior to loading. You should be advised that reinstalling Battles in Italy or your Windows Operation System/Registry mid way through a secure PBEM game may invalid that game. Any games invalidated in this manner will be deemed in the favour of your opponent.
In addition to this Secure PBEM games can only be completed on the same PC that the game for that Tournament Round was commenced on.
All Tournament Players will be awarded the Run5 Husky Tour of Duty Medal (TBA), Tournament winner and 1st runner up will also be presented the winner and runners up medal respectively.
The Fine Print
- All players must be registered on the Run5 PBEM Combat Leagues Ladder
- All games must be based upon the most recent patch available at the commencement of each Round (so in other words if a new patch is made available mid Tournament then all players must adopt and install that new patch when they commence their next round).
- Advancment into Round 2 and subsequent rounds will be based upon the results of the previous round.
- All games will be issued by the Tournament Master(s)
- All games must be played in PBEM Secure Mode
- All units will be set to hidden
- Combat advisor will be set to on
- All other settings will be set to Normal
- Round 1 opponents will be randomly selected by the Tournament Master/Run5 staff, and once announced are final
- Subsequent round opponents will be determined by previous round winners
- Players should not register and enter the tournament unless they are able to completed a turn at least each 2-3 days. Preferrably 1 turn a day if possible.
- All players should seek to keep to the above time frames - or Run5 staff/Tournament Master may determine a winner based upon the circumstances of the case if any games are significantly delaying the progress of the Tournament.
- These games are automatically eligible for reporting on the Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder - at the discretion of the winner.
- Tournament Rules may be subject to change at the discretion of Run5/SSG; subsequent changes to the rules will be announced via this thread.
- Nofitications of all results of games must be reported to the Tournament Master via email.
- The winner will be declared Run5 'Husky' champ.. until the next Tournament that is!