2012 Fall Run5 Tournament

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby OlegHasky » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 am

Hia

My opponent is experiencing some obstruction in rate of my turn sending allready.
I will take the win in our match, but will not be able to participate further.
I woild like to anoint his badge for the next round right here. Hope he will be eager for this. If not, I will face my destiny with dignity in the showers under Noak rule, and will fight till de... :twisted:

Happy that I could be a part of this party for a while. Its just a fun-t-f-tastic scenario.
Respect for my opponent for the estetics that he played with.

Good luck S.

Byall
Olegh
OlegHasky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Battlefront - Into the City Scenario

Postby JSS » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 am

Attached are the .bfs scenario files for Into the City scenario (tournament version).

Scenario is for Battlefront and is based on the on the Stalingrad Battleset.

To install "Into the City" you need Battlefront (v1.02) installed. Into the City uses the scenariopicts.xcr from John Schettler's Stalingrad Battleset (available in the User Created Scenarios section on the SSG Website).

In the C:/Matrix Games/Battlefront/Scenarios/ folder, make a new folder i.e. Into the City and copy files from scenario zip file attached here. You also must copy the Stalingrad scenariopicts.xcr into the folder.

Tournament Round 2 games are projected to be sent out next weekend.

JSS
Attachments
Attachments_2012_10_28 ITC.zip
(49.21 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
JSS
Site Admin

Semi-Finals Status

Postby JSS » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 am

Here's what I'm tracking for next round:

Gen Alexandra vs. Slevi

Abwehr vs. Noakesy (?)

Noaskey is penciled in as it appears Chris will likely not be able to continue their match.

Admin note: Am preparing to be without power for a few days as Hurricane Sandy looks set to muck things up a bit.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Abwehr » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks JSS and stay safe.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Thanks JSS, yes as far as I know I'm into the next round as my opponent had some techie issues. Will sort this out at the weekend. As per Abwehr's comment, I hope everything is ok for you over there (you should have stayed in Europe :wink: :D ).

Cheers
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:47 am

I didn't know you had moved back until I saw that your location is back in the USA now.

Noakesy: it seems to be almost some sort of law of nature that we end up playing against eachother in tournaments, which is always enjoyable.

A quick glance at the scenario resulted in spotting some changes compared to the original (and there are many more, probably):

-13th Guards arrives one turn earlier.
-More terrain types have an IF modifier now (although this might, sort of ironically, actually benefit the Germans as the Soviet forces will tend to be entrenched so they will already require double dice in many cases, so this might end up preventing more German losses than Soviet ones).
-The Germans get more carpet bombing strikes.

There seems to be a problem with the way interdiction responds to the weather in tournament games, however. The weather tends to be incorrect for the Axis. For example: in the Encirclement game, both of us got a full amount of air strikes to place for the rain turn (the turn itself was clear), which is incorrect. The radius also displayed incorrect numbers, for a normal clear turn instead of a rain turn. It's as if the game still thought the Germans were the first player, and gave them interdiction as if it's a clear turn.

When I open the Into the City scenario, and if the weather on a turn is bad, yet the weather on the next turn is clear, the Germans get interdiction/air strikes as if the bad weather turn is the clear turn, and then get nothing on the clear turn (or very little), as if it's a clear turn.

In short: it seems the interdiction for an Axis player 2 is still as if the Axis are the first player.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:44 am

Abwehr,

Will look at the interdiction issue. Adjusted several settings to account for the reversed player order; need to see again how % chance of happening and # possible each turn are working together.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Gen Alexandra » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:16 am

Come back after a short break and find Oleg has pulled out, even though he would have won. Now I find I have Slevi in the next round..... :cry:
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Noakesy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Gen Alexandra wrote:Come back after a short break and find Oleg has pulled out, even though he would have won. Now I find I have Slevi in the next round..... :cry:

Don't understand your concern Gen, I've played Slevi a few times and beaten him on.................erm.................no occasions :wink: :oops:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 pm

We'll look to start round 2 this week. Mirror turns will go out to the semi-finalists in the next day or so.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby JSS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:41 am

JSS wrote:We'll look to start round 2 this week. Mirror turns will go out to the semi-finalists in the next day or so.

JSS

Quick follow up, will not have chance to get turn files out until this weekend. Apologies to our contestants for the slight delay.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Noakesy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:27 pm

JSS wrote:
JSS wrote:We'll look to start round 2 this week. Mirror turns will go out to the semi-finalists in the next day or so.

JSS

Quick follow up, will not have chance to get turn files out until this weekend. Apologies to our contestants for the slight delay.

JSS

Goodness me, you move house and the east coast of the US gets a bit windy and it all falls to pieces, what on earth's going on? :wink: :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Spuddy64 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 am

Crap, I should have been paying closer attention. Slipped away foir a while and missed a tourny

Mike
Spuddy64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JSS » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Noakesy wrote:
Goodness me, you move house and the east coast of the US gets a bit windy and it all falls to pieces, what on earth's going on? :wink: :D

All well-and-good now that moving in is mostly complete. Travel to see relatives is done and only normal holiday schedule travel awaits :)

Round 2 game files have been sent as well :)

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Noakesy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Very good JSS, will get on with this tonight/tomorrow.

Cheers :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/News