Operation Crusader

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Stromb » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:01 am

Try PBEM. It's slow, yes, but the only way to truly enjoy the game (or hotseat ...). Then you'll only miss the AI as you miss the lack of advisors when you have a lot of choices to make.
Stromb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Pascal » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi Brubaker

Operation Crusader sounds really good from what i've read. Lots of good feedback on this forum. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'm hoping to try out a PBEM game soon.

Are you working on any other scenarios right now ?

cheers
Pascal
Pascal
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Bertram » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:07 pm

I (finally) found some time to try this one out.

Very nice, thanks for making it!

Some comments:
- all artillery units start the game not dug in. This means you have to use the first turn to dig them in, or lose them to counter battery fire. For those units that are supposed to be in place for some time already (all Axis units and the British units along the coast and in the Alamein defence) that seems strange.
- Some Allied units in the Alamein defence are also not dug in. In fact the German can shoot for free at those units, and have a nice chance of inflicting one or two steps of loss on them (they are much easier to hit then their detachments). Only thing the German player has to do is bring some recon units to the edge of the perimeter. As the Allied units get only released after the German starts his offensive the allied player can not prevent this. I would recomment starting those units dug in too...

More comments after I get a pbem game going......
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design