Europe - June 1941 Beta AAR Robjess v Manny

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Brad Hunter » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:49 am

Wotan wrote:Im positive thgis will not have an AI. If it did it would be a game in its own right.

Maybe SSG will make something similar with an AI. Or just use this add an AI and sell it as an expansion similar to AtD.

Hope so as I dont play PBEM with this game. Havent the time.

AGW by Schwerpunkt Games is do out in August....full AI....

Brad
Brad Hunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Robjess » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:13 am

Brad there is no need to quote a full message when you reply.

At this stage this scenario does not include any AI, but there is no reason why someone cant pick it up and program one for you. Infact it may be something we look at in the future.. I dont know.

Yes some units do make use of the 'evolve' feature and do upgrade through the course of the battle to reflect new unit capabilities (like new models of tanks etc).

This scenario starts in June 1941 and goes until late 1945. We are limited to 80 turns. I did make a scenario which started in 1939 - it was corps based and involved Poland and France. I may release that at a later stage - but there are no definate plans yet.

I am hopeful that once this is released other scenario designers will look at developing their own scenarios using this map and dataset.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Awesome Effort!

Postby Halsey » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:36 am

After seeing the effort put into this mod I'm hooked.
Going to have to get this game so I can fight the WIE!

How about adding some of the "Special" Bde/Rgt sized units into the game?
Last edited by Halsey on Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halsey
New Recruit

Postby Brad Hunter » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:41 am

Sounds great. I wouldn't mind seeing a division-level Italian Campaign...
Brad Hunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

june 41

Postby lord_chaos45 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:25 pm

As to the lack of regimental units. Almost all of the regimental/brigade scale units of the armies are represented in this scenario.

Due to the size of the various armies, and the already countless hours I had to spend putting them in the game I found it easier to combine them into larger units. This was for many reasons

1) scale of the game-no real need for one step units of battalion size.
2) in most cases they were either added to divisions for more strength, or lumped into divisional size battlegroups-again due to the size of the scenario.
3)Time considerations for design and play of the game....also the limit of only 4 counters per hex. Would you really want a 4str 1 step battalion taking up a hexes stacking limit. Also the amount of counters a player would need to move.

These are some of the reasons I made the OOB the way I did. Im hoping that everything works out to a close to historical result based on players skill an whatnot. I playtested some, but due to the size of the scenario only got to around oct/nov41.

hope that answers some questions on the OOB.
lord_chaos45
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Halsey » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:31 am

Sounds good LC.
Thanks for the amount of time and effort that you put into this.
Halsey
New Recruit

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:11 pm

Why has the AAR stopped?

Postby Twinkle » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:12 pm

I beleive that they are going to update a couple of scenario parameters...
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:32 pm

The AAR stopped because Manny went on holidays, also we were doing the AAR on a very early beta version and we were actually making changes to the scenario as we went along.. when Manny returned he asked me if I wanted to continue and I suggested we stop at this point as the scenario data had changed considerably from when the AAR started.

Lord Chaos and myself are in the process of making some major updates to the scenario now, and when that is released (2-4 weeks time) I will be happy to start a new AAR and also get a multiplayer game going..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:42 pm

I'll play ya a PBEM of WiE,i could get 1 turn done a day or more

Postby Robjess » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:22 pm

Not me.. I already have 4 games of WiE going at the moment..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:13 am

OOPS, i'll have to get WiE June 1941 AGAIN since i'm editing it ...
TO Lord Chaos : In your ENORMOUS WiE OOB there are some odd things, like you apply some engineer X's (Bgd units) to different OOB's like lets just take this one for an example : I don't know if it's 100% correct but i think there is one thing. A 4.Armee Engineer X is under the 8.Armee OOB ( i think anyway ) is this because there was alot of shuffling around? And with the SS Divs, you call them things like 10th SS "Frundsberg", shouldn't you call it like 10th/10./10 SS Panzer Div./Division (Frundsberg) if you get what i mean, because i don't think the "9th SS Hohenstaufen Division" makes sense, because what if regular people (don't know much with WWII) buy BiI, get your scenario and know there is a 9th SS (H) div but why isn't there a 1 SS (H) Div. (H for Hohenstaufen) and thinking like saying "excuse me but you have some Order of Battle errors".

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:14 am

btw, anybody up for a WiE game? I'll be what side you want me to be

errors

Postby lord_chaos45 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:49 am

will look into the engineer oob question. Most likely it was an engineer unit that had the same stats as another and I just pasted the unit and forgot to change the name/OOB string.

As to the SS units. Will look as how I named them to try and make them consistent. However the early SS divisions went through alot of changes during the war. Starting out as a motorized division then pzgren division and then finally to an panzer division. So instead of changing the name each time I just gave most SS units the name they were assigned instead of designation of type.
lord_chaos45
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Robjess » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:28 am

I think the naming conventions are fine.. and as I have said before.. if people want a perfect product then they can start paying us :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion