Postby michl » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:51 am

can you post those recommendations?
Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage
michl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby pterrok » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:22 am

Allies Turn 7

Not much to say or do--pull back and make sure that he Conscripts are stacked with a regular. On the two clear hexes in the line put in some more factors to make the Axis use more arty...

It's all over bar the shouting down south:

pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:42 am

Axis Turn 8

The Axis have been stopped cold by the stacked Soviets this turn and last turn. Oddly enough, the Winter did NOT cause any hardship supply-wise since the major sources have a 30 OP burst. This might be an effective way to slow the Axis advance (if it's possible): have major German/Axis supply sources with a smaller burst at the beginning of the game and then upgrade them after the first winter. This would mean the Axis might outrun his trucks in the beginning, and the Winter would also hit harder and might lead to some units going red.

The circled unit is a mistake on my part--I had planned to get another unit in there via extended movement but ended up accidentally using it in a follow-up attack! :shock: (So he was overrun and killed on the Soviet Turn 8.) I could only push the Soviet back from the two Clear hexes he was in; elsewhere I traded some hits which the Soviet can easily absorb.

A tweak which should help the Soviets is to have ALL their reinforcement hexes have an alternate entry location behind either Moscow or Stalingrad so that these units will always get in the game. (With no delay--the dealy would be inherent in moving them forward.)

Surprisingly the Axis is only up by something like 1078 VPs at this point--not an Overwhelming yet!--but all the forces coming from Leningrad and Stalingrad will crush the resistance at Moscow, so I'm ending the test here. (Well, mostly because the version I just installed at home is different than this one so I'm not sure what all has changed!)

I admire the Axis player who took the time to cycle through all the units to get to the Naval capable ones to launch Sea Lion! I DID want to see about sending more units up to the NE to either take Murmansk or come around the Finnish frontier since the Finns can't do it.

BTW, I think I only gained one turn by having the Finns help out a bit in the Leningrad attack; I was thinking I WAS playing by the rules at that point since the Soviets HAD abandonded the front and the forts up there to boot! (Grumble...)
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:49 am

I will post the list of things we want to look at sometime over the weekend.. after I have raised them with Lord_Chaos.

Pterrok.. agree about the supply.. we said all along that the Supply and Sealanes were to areas that 'worked' but were something that we wanted to redo to make they work better.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

work

Postby lord_chaos45 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:02 am

My hotmail account is currently down right now so I cant check anything anyone sent me. I have already started putting a list together in my head of stuff to fix, which is prolly alot of the same stuff Rob is going to be sending me over email.

Since several things need fixed Im going to try to adjust the strengths down to better fit under the game caps as well. Prolly get a start on some of the changes this weekend and into this week, as it will be a time consuming fix.
lord_chaos45
Sergeant
Sergeant

Eastern Front supply

Postby Carl Myers » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:38 am

The Germans and Soviets used different rail gages. After several hundred klicks, offensives by both sides would halt to allow the railheads to be pushed forward. Sounds like the supply trucks need to be slowed down on both sides on the Eastern Front.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

agreed

Postby lord_chaos45 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:15 am

Agreed about the supply issues, but we have had alot of problems in getting the supply to work the way we want it. For the moment we have left supply pretty open unless enemy units intervene. Something that is on the change list, but not a critical issue.
lord_chaos45
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Eastern Front supply

Postby Twinkle » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:57 am

Carl Myers wrote:The Germans and Soviets used different rail gages. After several hundred klicks, offensives by both sides would halt to allow the railheads to be pushed forward. Sounds like the supply trucks need to be slowed down on both sides on the Eastern Front.

the soviet side needed months of rest after conducting advances of little more then 150-200 km even in 1944... I have not checked the scenario in question, but I assume that the supply trucks are very slow moving compare to the ground units and that supply always cost a minimum of at least 1 (even on roads etc.), as well as that the supply burst are quite limited. Supply depots should also have supply burst that pay OP cost for every hex traversed....
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby pterrok » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:04 am

I started another game with the latest version of the files and my Turn 2 attack on Kiev failed to push them out. So I launched a small attack on the units to the NE to run the support units there out of bullets--I mostly wanted to make the arty go red. Here's what comes up on Turn 3:

The arty went red like it was supposed to, but the AT & AA units think they have more than one bullet! Sort of like the problem in the original Wiking Whiteout, I bet--so check these and see if you have extra bullets assigned...unless you want them to have extra bullets, of course!
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion