Supply bug

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Supply bug

Postby Tempest » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:07 am

At the start of a turn in the TAO3 scenario, prior to moving any units, several hexes within a displayed supply truck radius were out of supply. Shouldn't all hexes within an unmoved supply trucks' radius be in supply?
This and the fact that the hexes were only 2 or 3 hexes away from the SS truck(supply burst 26 with a 15 resistance) in clear terrain with only air interdiction OP point penalties intervening point to a bug. I have the game file but need instruction on how to attach it; this forum doesnt seem to have the attach option offered on the Matrix forum.
Tempest
Major
Major

Postby Vampire » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:24 pm

Hi Tempest,

I have encountered the same thing as you discribe and also the other way around: Units in supply, but being out of supply truck radius.
It is probably better to use the "hex supply button" from the control panel or the [s] key, to show which hexes are in supply. Afaik, this shows the proper supply situation.

Greetz, Vampire.
Vampire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:06 am

I dont think this is a bug. The supply truck radius is always only an indication of what the supply will be like for next turn. I know what you are saying, if the truck hasnt moved, and being at the start of your turn, it should represent what your supply was this turn.. but there are some things that probably happy to make this NOT the case.

You should toggle the supplied hexes button on - the one that shows all supplied hexes as Green and all unsupplied ones as Red, to see what hexes can be supplied for the current turn.

The supply routines and function is being completely rewritten for Battles in Normandy. They will be handled slightly differently in the new game.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Return to Feedback/Suggestions