Tooltips

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Tooltips

Postby d95err » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:09 am

For a completely new player of the DBWWII series (Korsun Pocket) like myself, it is a daunting task to learn what all those little icons, numbers and colors mean in the user interface. It is possible to right-click to get info on the buttons, but for everything else, you have to go back to the manual.

It would be a lot easier to get into the game if there were tooltip texts displayed when hoovering over an icon, button or other interface element. The game is very complex and it is very important to do everything possible to lower the threshold of getting into it and really start playing.

Tooltips are an intuitive way of describing a user interface, both for games and regular Windows applications. You expect them to be there nowadays, and it can be confusing when they don't exist.

Of course, there could be an option to turn tooltips off for experienced players.
d95err
New Recruit

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:21 am

Great idea although I'd suggest it be optional for those who don't need it.
ImageImage Image
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:01 pm

BIN will ship with additional in game help text. It wont be as extensive as what you see in Microsoft products (SSG dont have a wealth of programmers like MS do).. but it is a major step forward from KP.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Manny » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 am

That sounds excellent to me : yet another good reason to buy a great game :wink:
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Feedback/Suggestions