AI lets units become eliminated too easily

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

AI lets units become eliminated too easily

Postby warren_peace » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:26 am

After having played the 1st and 2nd Ukranian front scenarios from both sides against the AI (on normal level) I feel the AI can still be improved. I have won decisive victories whichever side I play primarily because the AI tends to let units get isolated too easily. For example as the Germans on in the second Ukrainian Front scenario I destroyed 24 of his units to 3 of my own. Results are similar when I play the Soviets.

The reason for this is that the AI will leave units in positions where they can be sourrounded or isolated and eliminated. Also, the AI will tend to attack weak units in my force with no concern that the attacking units might be cut off and destroyed themselves. Thus the AI, in my opionion, is a little too agressive.
warren_peace
Private
Private

Re: AI lets units become eliminated too easily

Postby Joe » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:43 am

warren_peace wrote:....... the AI will tend to attack weak units in my force with no concern that the attacking units might be cut off and destroyed themselves........

Yes, its a weakness in the AI.

OTOH, the AI is vary smart at destroying my arty and supply trucks if he is given the opportunity.
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

AI with TAO in KP

Postby lekim » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:00 pm

I agree about the AI (normal). First go at TAO as Axis I killed 40+ units and ended up with the map looking close to KP - drive from the North near Liege closing towards Bastogne. Another few turns....

AI kept pushing East mostly ignoring Northern threat.

(Of course this all works because there is no off-board threat from the North with the river through Liege lightly manned. In reality my position was tenuous but the AI wasn't looking North.)
lekim
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Feedback/Suggestions