Another Suggestion !

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Another Suggestion !

Postby Manny » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:53 pm

Hello you lovely chaps from SSG

Would it be possible at all to include a button to show all blown bridges ???

In large scenarios it can take me ages to locate where I should be sending my engineers and this would be a real help.

Thanks
Manny
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:59 pm

Who cares about bridges with ENG units which are able to pontoon :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Manny » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:00 pm

:roll:
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:19 pm

Manny,

A technique is to use the "U" hotkey. That takes all the units off the battle view. You should be able to see clearly where bridges are blown then.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Manny » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:22 pm

Hi Jss,

Yeah I've tried this and it does help a lot but I still find that on a large map you can easily lose track of them.

Just a hotkey you can press to take you to the next blown bridge would be fine methinks.

Or am I just being lazy ? Hmmmmmm !
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Blown Bridges

Postby Carl Myers » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:58 pm

If the bridge is not connected to your supply network from both sides, pressing g would show where a blown bridge stops your supply network.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:10 pm

Yes, looking at supply network is quite effective for this!
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:16 pm

Sometimes it is not clear to me that there is a bridge at a specific place. And If I had noticed I would have blown it. I suppose its a graphics issue.

A short cut key showing all crossing points - blown and not blown - would be useful.
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:25 pm

Not to be scrooge but this would seem to me to be somewhere near the bottom, if not completely off, of the priority list. The "U" and "G" keys, as mentioned before, are more than adequate for the task and the blown bridge sign is a light blue color that contrasts with everything around it. I have trouble imagining how this could possibly be a problem for you.

Everyone has their "thing" tho' I suppose.
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Manny » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:49 pm

Remember that we are talking about game playability here : the graphics do get confusing at times and I was just thinking of making my life (and other player's lives) easier in respect to this.

Agreed that this is well down the list but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" ...

Manny

p.s. nice to see many people are interested in this - and thanks for the suggestions on how to spot those blown bridges more easily !
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Twinkle » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:59 pm

Cpt. Feathersword wrote:Not to be scrooge but this would seem to me to be somewhere near the bottom, if not completely off, of the priority list. The "U" and "G" keys, as mentioned before, are more than adequate for the task and the blown bridge sign is a light blue color that contrasts with everything around it. I have trouble imagining how this could possibly be a problem for you.

Everyone has their "thing" tho' I suppose.

While I agree that it's no big need for more quick buttons (as they only add to the programming and possible cause of bugs), it is not always so easy to see those light blue color signs. And now you wonder about my vision and if Twinkle is colorblind... No need for that, whenever an interdiction mission is placed somewhere it totally disrupts any possibility to see with ease the things hidden under the interdiction markers...

regards
/twinkle
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Arnvidh » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:13 am

Could there always be a bridge graphic like the one that is used for blown-up bridges? Just with a normal bridge when its not blown.

The current bridge-graphic is very small and easy to miss when you are scanning large areas for them.
Arnvidh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:47 am

I agree with you Twinkle on the interdiction markers needing an on/off toggle, it's very difficult to make anything out when they are in a hex.
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Feedback/Suggestions