Air Resupply

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Air Resupply

Postby BATTboy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:44 am

Hello,
My first post... I want to say that this is a great game! The one thing I would like to see is an air resupply option (atleast for infantry units). I am not the most knowledgable about WWII capabilities but it seems they were able to resupply infantry units by air drops and possibly armor units? This would make breaking through a hole and exploiting it a lot easier to do and it seams to be a little more realistic. Also you could then break through, capture an objective, and hold it behind enemy lines for a little while longer. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
BATTboy
BATTboy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Robjess » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:00 am

I know what you mean.. and its slightly different to what I am about to say.. but at the moment you can give effect to this - but only for predetermined locations. For example Bastogne in TAO is able to continue to received supplies after it is cut off - as it did historically through air drops. Also Korsun Airfield received supplies via the airfield.

So yes, the game does allow for this now. But only by setting this locations within the editor as predefined points.

No it doesnt currently allow - as you know - for the player being able to manually drop supplies into a given location on x turn.

Welcome to the community btw, hope you stick around and hope to see you on the PBEM battlefield.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby pterrok » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:08 pm

Could you set-up airdrops of nothing BUT supplies? Or if not that, then a phantom unit of some sort that does nothing and is worth nothing (zero VPs) and you drop supplies with that. Then you would get drift, too, and if it fell outside of your pocket it'd be lost.

And since those supply cannisters seem to go away after so many turns anyway, if you can't make a single one last long enough, then just drop them every other turn or so...

(He says having never really used the editor but with a questioning tone in his voice hoping that Brubaker will accept the lateral and score!)
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Manny » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:43 pm

I for one would certainly like to see a KP variant that gave less regular supplies to the Germans in the pocket.

As it is I find the battle too scripted ... a bit of variety would do wonders for it methinks.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Feedback/Suggestions