Unregistered Users (Guests)

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Unregistered Users (Guests)

Postby pete AU » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:31 am

I've noticed there always seems to be lots of these guys lurking on the site. Is it feesable to block access to some areas to encourage registration and perhaps get more registered users to participate in the forum. Perhaps a new recruit intro thread will make things more welcoming.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 am

All posting on forums is blocked to Registered users. Reading the public forums is open to everyone.. but to post you need to be a registered user. If you see any posts under the name of 'Guest' - this is usually because the user who made the original post has had their account deleted or banned by one of the Mods/Admin for some reason.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Nebogipfel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:17 am

Hi Pete, hi Robjess

I´m one of these lurkers, hanging around here just reading old posts.

:oops: .

Reason could be a language barrier and the fact, that I´m not a typical wargamer. Played PG in the 90´s, that was it.
After a decade full of action games, I decided to slow down and remembered the good old turned based games.

That was the point I bought Battles in Normandy/Italy and I´m glad I did it (didn´t know SSG before). Great games, thanks to SSG and all the scenario designer for the excellent work.

The game design is very logical and clear, so there haven´t been many questions for me to ask here.

Finally, your post encouraged me to loose my anonymous lurker role, thx.

Greetings
Nebogipfel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Welcome aboard

Postby critter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:01 am

Welcome Nebogipfel....Great choice in games.....
Don't forget the article page.. It will teach you about low odds attacks, supply and such.
Play the AI until you get the game down then list your request for a PBEM game. There is always someone willing to take you on.......
critter
Major
Major

Return to Feedback/Suggestions