Please force maximum width on uploaded pictures

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Please force maximum width on uploaded pictures

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:50 am

If the forum software can be configured to force a maximum width on displayed pictures within a thread, I wish the administrators would do it.

Having to scroll laterally because a thread contains a graphic that exceeds the normal width of the forum is a pain in the arse.

I second

Postby critter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:09 am

Shouldn't have to scroll when you're at full screen.
critter
Major
Major

Re: I second

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:56 am

critter wrote:Shouldn't have to scroll when you're at full screen.

Example

Example?

Postby critter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:11 am

I was agreeing with you dude. Don't need an example.
critter
Major
Major

Postby Carl Myers » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:01 am

If you want to avoid scrolling with IE8, go from 100% to 75%.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Please force maximum width on uploaded pictures

Postby Strax » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:00 am

AllTempaCheer wrote:If the forum software can be configured to force a maximum width on displayed pictures within a thread, I wish the administrators would do it.

Having to scroll laterally because a thread contains a graphic that exceeds the normal width of the forum is a pain in the arse.

Anything else? :roll:
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:26 am

Carl Myers wrote:If you want to avoid scrolling with IE8, go from 100% to 75%.

That really does a number when I go to other websites.

For example, after resizing the display here at this site, I just went to play some pool at Pogo.com and my chat window ended up the wrong size and unusable. It took a couple of hit-and-miss resizings and reloadings of the window before it ended up being correct.

Even without that particular problem, it's still a hassle having to resize the screen at other sites, once I change it here.

Long story short, resizing the display just for this site is not a solution.

I don't see what the problem is with forcing a maximum width on graphics, other than having some befuddled crybabies complain that their 5000x10000 bmp ended up too small.

Postby Joe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:54 am

I posted the screenie he is complaining about.

Whenever I post a screenie, I ALWAYS ensure it fits in the screen because I too hate scrolling.

There are 2 screen shots, joined together to make a point.

I originally planned to have them one on top of the other but the point was not so obvious. So I broke my own rule and placed them side by side.

Flexibility is good ! ( As is the game in question) :D

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 am

Joe wrote:I posted the screenie he is complaining about.

It wasn't a complaint limited to your post, as there are a number of other similar threads I could find if I looked for them.
I merely used the thread you posted in as an example. Therefore, your reasons for making that specific upload are irrelevant.

ex⋅am⋅ple  /ɪgˈzæmpəl, -ˈzɑm-/ noun, verb, -pled, -pling.
–noun
1. one of a number of things, or a part of something, taken to show the character of the whole: This painting is an example of his early work.
2. a pattern or model, as of something to be imitated or avoided: to set a good example.
3. an instance serving for illustration; specimen: The case histories gave carefully detailed examples of this disease.
4. an instance illustrating a rule or method, as a mathematical problem proposed for solution.
5. an instance, esp. of punishment, serving as a warning to others: Public executions were meant to be examples to the populace.
6. a precedent; parallel case: an action without example.

Postby Noakesy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:02 pm

ex⋅am⋅ple  /ɪgˈzæmpəl, -ˈzɑm-/ noun, verb, -pled, -pling.
–noun

Hey, I can do that too... :wink: :D :lol:

pedant /pedd’nt/

• noun a person excessively concerned with minor detail or with displaying technical knowledge.
• one who exhibits one's learning or scholarship ostentatiously.

bore

• noun a dull and uninteresting person or activity.
• verb cause to feel weary and uninterested by being dull and tedious.

— DERIVATIVES boring adjective.

Sheesh (nope, haven't looked up that one.........yet :wink: )
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 am

fanboys

A fanboy is a person considered to belong to one or more fandoms to a point of obsession.

Fanboy is a term used to describe any individual who is devoted to a single subject in an emotional or fanatical manner, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession.

The term is most commonly associated with adolescent and teenage males but can be applicable to any age or sex, and is mostly applied by others as a derogatory label.

By 1990 the term was being used in popular music and science fiction circles, and as electronic entertainment gained popularity, the term became increasingly applied to computers and video game consoles - with people often developing an obsessive loyalty towards one platform or brand.

Current subjects of such obsessive loyalty include areas of: TV shows; movies; music; anime; comic books; cars; sirens; video game consoles, video games and MMORPGs; and computer operating systems, hardware and software, sports teams (such as Ferrari's Tifosi and Manchester United) —and more recently politics. "Fanboy" was added to the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary in 2008.

Postby Chris Merchant » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 am

And to think this is a forum of grown men :?

Locking this one up before it degenerates further

cheers
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Feedback/Suggestions