Patches

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Patches

Postby critter » Mon May 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Hey SSG. Rob suggested it long ago. And I think its a great Idea.
We need a list of user made patches to the games.
I don't think it would take long to make up the list, with the help of the guys on here. But it would be nice to have them listed and their links all gathered in one place. Perhaps in a sticky thread.
It would make for great advertisement also. To know that not only are your releases patched to the latest update. But the great user made sens are patched up also and historical alternate patches are all in one place for fans of your games.
What say you?
critter
Major
Major

Postby TreadHead » Mon May 11, 2009 3:39 pm

If by user made patches you mean scenarios created by users, there's a nice page here:

http://www.ssg.com.au/?page=scenarios
TreadHead
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Noakesy » Mon May 11, 2009 5:01 pm

TreadHead wrote:If by user made patches you mean scenarios created by users, there's a nice page here:

http://www.ssg.com.au/?page=scenarios

I think Critter's point is that not all of these are the final options, as some variants are related to specific tournys (e.g. TAO5 where JSS did some work refining the terrain and so on), and others such as OTP aren't the final version (least, I think not). :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Graf Starhemberg » Mon May 11, 2009 7:40 pm

This would be a good idea, recently I wasn´t able to start a pbem game of TAO5 as my opponent and I had different scenario versions running. Due to the several links hidden in several forum threads we just couldn´t get on par with the files...
Graf Starhemberg
Major
Major

Sen's

Postby critter » Tue May 12, 2009 6:14 am

Its mostly the user made sen varients.
Like I said OTP has at least 1 game sen patch and 1 patch that favors the Allies and another for the Germans. I doubt both can be installed and it run.
It would be nice to have them all on the same page with a link to download them and maybe a discription of what they do. 8)

I know Rob was working on it. But with the birth? Approaching birth? Of his second daughter...He's proubley as busy as a one legged man in a ass kicking contest
critter
Major
Major

OTP

Postby critter » Tue May 12, 2009 6:31 am

Just checked the OTP sticky by Rob. There are 6 differn't patches to the sen.
Would be nice to get them down to 1 for the regular game and 1 each favoring the different sides. And listed on a user patch page.
God knows how many there are for TAO. I'l help as much as I can..But to be honest to set up a page like this is way above my puter savy.
critter
Major
Major

Return to Feedback/Suggestions