A Kharkov suggestion

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

A Kharkov suggestion

Postby Strax » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 pm

During a battle, as a commander, I would issue all my Captains with orders to dig in where possible.

Therefore at the end of a turn, when you hit the big red button, would it be possible to have a prompt saying something like *** some units are not entrenched***. This would be like the ***some interdictions have not been laid*** prompt.

It would be even better if there was a button that you could click that would dig in all units that are capable of doing it. If for some reason you didn't want a unit to dig in you would have to have the option of unchecking their entrench tool.

Probably a programming nightmare but the musing of a bloke who's unnecessarily left some tanks at Noakesy' mercy.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Graf Starhemberg » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:40 pm

Well we don´t even have a key shortcut for entrenching, so I think you are almost asking for the impossible... :wink:
Graf Starhemberg
Major
Major

Postby Noakesy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:34 am

Erm, isn't that F2 :wink: :D . I must admit F7 used to be very useful for seeing which units are/aren't entrenched, but it's pretty useless now. :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Graf Starhemberg » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:53 am

Uh oh... :oops:...but those massive foreign language manuals are a pain to read through- can we have a German translation in future games, please?

But thank you Noakesy - the new knowledge will drastically improve my gameplay - I´m sorry you´ll soon regret giving that information away...
Graf Starhemberg
Major
Major

Re: A Kharkov suggestion

Postby Gregor Whiley » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:22 am

Strax wrote:During a battle, as a commander, I would issue all my Captains with orders to dig in where possible.

Therefore at the end of a turn, when you hit the big red button, would it be possible to have a prompt saying something like *** some units are not entrenched***. This would be like the ***some interdictions have not been laid*** prompt.

It would be even better if there was a button that you could click that would dig in all units that are capable of doing it. If for some reason you didn't want a unit to dig in you would have to have the option of unchecking their entrench tool.

Probably a programming nightmare but the musing of a bloke who's unnecessarily left some tanks at Noakesy' mercy.

The problem with an All Entrench order is that there are certain situations, such as those where units are running low on defensive bullets or would even run out if entrenched, where an All Entrench command could cause negative side effects. There is also the situation where, if a unit can refit, it is usually much better to refit than to just entrench, so again it's better to leave entrenching to the judgement of the player rather than applying a blanket button.

If you want to entrench a whole stack at once you can hold down the CTRL key and click on the entrench button for one of the units. This will entrench all units in the stack that can entrench.

Gregor
Gregor Whiley
Vice President, SSG
www.ssg.com.au
Gregor Whiley
SSG

Return to Feedback/Suggestions