Dragging the map view

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Dragging the map view

Postby mazorj » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:24 am

I really (really, really) wish you would allow moving the map view by using the "grabbing hand" feature found in Google maps, etc. Click anywhere on the map and a hand appears. Drag the hand in any direction and the map view follows along. It's simple, intuitive, and precise.

Having to run the cursor to the edge of the screen is a lot of wasted motion and produces very erratic results. And I'm constantly unintentionally hitting a screen edge while moving the cursor to some icon near the edge, causing unwanted map shifts. Let it run for a fraction of a second and you're way out on some empty portion of the map.

Maybe the current method for map movement is a legacy feature from simpler programming days, but it needs to be fixed ASAP, as in the next upgrades and all future products.
mazorj
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Carl Myers » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 am

Well, on the strategic map you can move the pointer unto the spot you want and click.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby mazorj » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Carl Myers wrote:Well, on the strategic map you can move the pointer unto the spot you want and click.

True, but that still requires moving the cursor almost to the edge, has almost the same lack of precision, and is not very good at making small movements. In other words, hardly better than bumping the edge of the screen.
mazorj
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:59 pm

I think its a good idea!

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Feedback/Suggestions