Retreat Off the Map

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Retreat Off the Map

Postby azcat » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:54 pm

Perhaps as a testamony on how bad I've been beaten in 3 rounds of 2nd UK as the Germans, I've found it necessary to retreat arty, etc in the south away from marauding Soviet forces after combat units in the area have been decimated.

But I can't retreat off the map. This means that those victory points are up for grabs when I'd voluntarily move them back to Berlin.

A suggestion would be to allow units to retreat OTB. Do not allow them to return, and perhaps grant a 25% VP addition to the other side.

Not a big issue for me but it makes some sense.
"When I am King you will be first against The Wall." - Radiohead
azcat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Retreat Off the Map

Postby Manny » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:20 pm

azcat wrote:Perhaps as a testamony on how bad I've been beaten in 3 rounds of 2nd UK as the Germans, I've found it necessary to retreat arty, etc in the south away from marauding Soviet forces after combat units in the area have been decimated.

But I can't retreat off the map. This means that those victory points are up for grabs when I'd voluntarily move them back to Berlin.

A suggestion would be to allow units to retreat OTB. Do not allow them to return, and perhaps grant a 25% VP addition to the other side.

Not a big issue for me but it makes some sense.

Hmmm seems like this could open up some gamey tactics to me ... I guess to be fair it would mean that the attacker would need to actually cut-off units to be assured of eliminating them rather than giving them the opportunity of escaping back home.

25% seems a bit on the cheap-side though ... I'd prefer 50% , which seems a nice compromise.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Feedback/Suggestions