Variable timed reinforcments

Have a suggestion or some feedback? Dont keep it to yourself - share it!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Variable timed reinforcments

Postby Pawlock » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:08 am

One thing perhaps I would like to see as an option, is variable timed reinforcments, much like the system used in UV.

ie. Reinforcments say are due at X hex on turn 5, but if use the variable option, this could either be plus or minus 2 turns for example.

result either arrive at turn 3 - 7 which is set when scenario is initiated or could be left as hidden until it happens.
Pawlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:54 am

Yes I have been asking for this sort of setting for a while now also :) Not only random/varied arrival turn, but also location.

One of the biggest drawbacks is that you know when a reinforcement will arrive and from where.. so this sort of setting really appeals to me.

Of course the other side of the coin is that delaying the arrival of a reinforcement could sway the balance of a game in one direction. To me thats a non issue, thats part of the random nature of the game :)

The other thing which would be good is removing that ability to click on a hex and see where and on what turn your opponents reinforcements will arrive..

Disclaimer: Its easy for me to say all of these things would be good.. but I dont have to program them :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Pawlock » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:02 am

As soon as any random element is introduced balance is and quite often upset, in fact I would go so far as to say this is exactly the reason it is used. When I first started pbeming KP me and my opponent at the time always went random weather.

This was a huge factor in the outcome of our games, in KP we had nearly 20 turns of Thaw in one game and hence any offensive ground to a blinding halt.
Pawlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:22 am

And thats what makes it interesting and challenging.. so I agree.. I now play all of my PBEM games with Unknown units and Random weather..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Return to Feedback/Suggestions