What happened to ATD2?

Discussion relating to Across The Dnepr Second Edition

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Abwehr » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:29 am

As long as you give my Husky file a different name, say "Husky edit" in the scenario folder, you can have both of them available as scenarios without any problems.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:43 am

Abwehr wrote:As long as you give my Husky file a different name, say "Husky edit" in the scenario folder, you can have both of them available as scenarios without any problems.

So when I download your .7zip file, there is a Husky folder inside another Husky folder.

Should we take the inner Husky folder out and rename it for example "Husky Abwhehr1" then drop it into the /Kharkov/scenarios folder?

Is there anything else needed?

Thanks
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 am

The 7zip file contains a Husky folder called "Husky", which is also the name of the regular folder. I forgot to change the name prior to uploading it, so if you don't want to overwrite the Husky you get with the game, you should rename one of the two folders.

Example:

You unzip the file and rename the folder to "Husky edit"
You place that file in the Kharkov/Scenarios folder.
You now have a "Husky" and a "Husky edit" in the Scenarios folder and the game will detect both.
A PBEM using one of the two scenarios won't conflict with the other, as I've zipped the entire folder, not just the files I changed.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Malak » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:56 am

Noakesy wrote:Just got back from hols and bought the game, fancy a go at Husky as I used to enjoy that from BiI. I presume it's not possible to have both the Abwehr version and the SSG one at the same time? :D

Why not? Is it not the purpose of the mystery variants to alter OOB and AO?
:?
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby hank » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:16 am

Abwehr wrote:As long as you give my Husky file a different name, say "Husky edit" in the scenario folder, you can have both of them available as scenarios without any problems.

What happened to AtD2? ... well I just bought it !!!

I buy the boxed versions so it will be a week or so before it arrives. I had to pull out my Kharkhov box to feed in the serial number for the 1.2 update and once again I marvelled at the packaging. Remember, patience is a virtue.

Will the Abwehr version of Husky be posted at the SSG player scenarios page?

I see there's a link to Rapidshare but I have no interest of joining that site to download one file. I'm sorry, I'm old fashioned and don't like joining every site that comes along. Please forgive if this offends. I have memberships at enough sites. Heck I can't remember all my passwords as it is now.
hank
Major
Major

Postby Noakesy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:47 pm

I tried thsi, but when I select the "huskyabwehr" version it won't let me start it (it makes me start Husky), am I doing something wrong (would bet everything that I am!)? :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Hank: I'm not a Rapidshare member either and also hate to register for everything, just select "free user" on non-peak times and you can download the file without registration.

Andrew: That's weird, it starts the stock Husky version? Keep in mind that the map and the like is all the same, there are just 3 or so more units and a lot of changes in my edited version.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Abwehr wrote:The 7zip file contains a Husky folder called "Husky", which is also the name of the regular folder. I forgot to change the name prior to uploading it, so if you don't want to overwrite the Husky you get with the game, you should rename one of the two folders.

Example:

You unzip the file and rename the folder to "Husky edit"
You place that file in the Kharkov/Scenarios folder.
You now have a "Husky" and a "Husky edit" in the Scenarios folder and the game will detect both.
A PBEM using one of the two scenarios won't conflict with the other, as I've zipped the entire folder, not just the files I changed.

I'm sure that I'm missing something but this is really not working.

I downloaded a .7z folder containing Husky folder containing another Husky folder containing files.

So it's:
C:/Download/Husky.7z/Husky/Husky/(files)
I extract this to:
C:/Download/Husky/Husky/(files)

Game folder is:
C:/Matrix Games/Kharkov/Scenarios/Husky/(files)

I've tried this:
1) rename to:
C:/Download/Husky/HuskyAbwehr1/(files)
Move HuskyAbwehr1 to:
C:/Matrix Games/Kharkov/Scenarios/Husky/HuskyAbwehr1/(files)
**note that stock scenario still exists in the folder:

Result: can start game vs AI. When try to save and reload game vs AI, Kharkov app not able to locate the right scenario folder so searches for "best fit" and fails to find it.

2) rename to:
C:/Download/HuskyAbwehr1/Husky/(files)
Move HuskyAbwehr1 to:
C:/Matrix Games/Kharkov/Scenarios/HuskyAbwehr1/Husky/(files)

Result: can start game vs AI. When try to save and reload game vs AI, Kharkov app not able to locate the right scenario folder so searches for "best fit" and fails to find it.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:31 pm

You should keep my edited version out of the stock Husky folder to avoid complications.

So what you want to do is have a "Husky" and, say, a "Husky edit" in the Scenarios folder, and not place both Husky's in the same "Husky" folder.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:42 pm

Abwehr wrote:You should keep my edited version out of the stock Husky folder to avoid complications.

So what you want to do is have a "Husky" and, say, a "Husky edit" in the Scenarios folder, and not place both Husky's in the same "Husky" folder.

Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong. I can see it in the scenarios list on the game menu, but when I click on it I am only allowed to play Husky. maybe I didn't down load the thing properly, I'll have another go.

Strange, even when I rename it something completely different (e.g. Abwehr) it takes me to the Husky file. Is there some sort of default that takes you to the original scenario do you think?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:55 pm

That helped. So here is what worked. Scenario 3:

3) rename to:
C:/Download/Husky/HuskyAbwehr1/(files)
Move HuskyAbwehr1 to:
C:/Matrix Games/Kharkov/Scenarios/HuskyAbwehr1/(files)

Result: Works fine.

Note that the key here (AFAIK) is that I didn't take the top level Husky folder from zip file, I took the bottom level folder from zip file and renamed it then moved it. So there was 7z/Husky/Husky/(files). I renamed then moved only the folder in red.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Noakesy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:59 pm

I've no idea why, but in the scenarios it is still listed as F Huskyabwehr1 but when I click on it the game brings up Husky :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:04 am

Andrew: you've placed them in the scenarios folder as seperate folders, with no link to eachother, yet when you load the scenario in the game, the game loads the regular Husky?

Are you sure it's the regular Husky, by the way, all the titles/briefings remain the same. The quickest way to check is to check for how many turns the Axis are surprised. If they're surprised for 1 turn, it's the original. If they're surprised for 2 turns, it's my edited version.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:23 am

Abwehr wrote:Andrew: you've placed them in the scenarios folder as seperate folders, with no link to eachother, yet when you load the scenario in the game, the game loads the regular Husky?

Yep, that's right. In the scenarios folder (and on the section within the game where I can choose the scenario) you can see both, but when I click on 'huskyabwehr1' as we've called it it just brings up Husky.

Abwehr wrote:Are you sure it's the regular Husky, by the way, all the titles/briefings remain the same. The quickest way to check is to check for how many turns the Axis are surprised. If they're surprised for 1 turn, it's the original. If they're surprised for 2 turns, it's my edited version.

Aha, there are differences here. If I click the "husky" scenario as opposed to the "huskyabwehr1" there are differences on who is awake, despite the fact that after clicking either of these they take me through to a scenario called "husky". Sorry :oops:
Oh dear... :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:43 am

Hmm, normally when I remove a stock scenario from the scenarios folder and run the installer again to get the stock version, the scenario will be installed in the folder again, but the installer won't install Husky.

The folder is still elsewhere on my PC, but it isn't in the scenarios folder, so it's a bit odd that the game is still detecting it and isn't reinstalling the stock version.

Without the stock version, I can't be entirely sure what I have changed compared to the stock version.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Across The Dnepr - Second Edition Discussion