Stalingrad Pocket ver 101 release

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Stalingrad Pocket ver 101 release

Postby pete AU » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi All

Until the scenario is available on the official user scenarios site you can download it from rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/414585329/Stalingrad_Pocket101.zip.html

Thanks to all those that helped with testing
(Roger, Abwher, Noaksey and Talos) - you help and input was much appreciated.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 pm

As a note to those who are in a hurry to test this excellent scenario: keep in mind that there are two variants in the menu like in another scenario by Pete, operation Konrad. You don't select the variant through selection of a random variant as you might in the stock Kharkov scenario in the scenario start screen.

The variants have identical OOB's and starting positions, but one includes lives for Soviet brigade size units. Remember to check the variant prior to starting a PBEM to avoid noticing that you've started the wrong variant after the start of the game.

The variant without lives for Soviet brigades is really hard, not just advanced, against a competent German player who employs a mobile defence as your Tank Corps will simply vanish in a turn or two.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Strax » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:23 pm

My computer died on Monday. I've now got a shiny new one running windows 7.

SO>>>>

Help.....I've loaded DoD and AtD2. Ive downloaded the rapidshare Stalingrad zip thing to my desktop...what do I do now? I was hoping it would load into tthe matrix games folder but I'm doing something wrong obviously.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Strax » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Abwehr wrote:As a note to those who are in a hurry to test this excellent scenario: keep in mind that there are two variants in the menu like in another scenario by Pete, operation Konrad. You don't select the variant through selection of a random variant as you might in the stock Kharkov scenario in the scenario start screen.

The variants have identical OOB's and starting positions, but one includes lives for Soviet brigade size units. Remember to check the variant prior to starting a PBEM to avoid noticing that you've started the wrong variant after the start of the game.

The variant without lives for Soviet brigades is really hard, not just advanced, against a competent German player who employs a mobile defence as your Tank Corps will simply vanish in a turn or two.

It's OK. I'm only playing Noakesy.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby pete AU » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Strax

Just open the zipped file and drag the stalingrad scenario folder into the Kharkov scenarios folder - the game will appear on in game scenario selection menu.

I recall somone asked this recently on the DoD matrix forum and posted pics of what to do if you get stuck.

Cheers

Pete
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Strax » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Cheers Pete.
Looking forward to this. You've got alot to live upto mind, after Sealion.
My expectations are huge.
Are you happy with it?
Strax
Major
Major

Postby pete AU » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Im going to redo sealion for Kharkov - just aquired 'Their finest hour' and 'Britain stands alone' - 2 hard to find boardgames on the subject - will help with ideas.
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Malak » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:35 am

May be the last panzer campaign from HPS will help you:
http://www.hpssims.com/pages/products/P ... alion.html

Cheers
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

thanks for pete AU

Postby lking » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:47 am

thank you.pete AU.your scens make us go back here and play Kharkov again.good luck.
lking
New Recruit

Postby pete AU » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:31 am

I'm planning an update to coincide with the release of Guadalajara in the coming weeks. Now would be a good time to post suggestions (if any).

cheers

Pete
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design