Operatsiya Uran

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby jjdenver » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:55 am

wow looks great!
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:28 pm

pete AU wrote:Hmm,
In the interests less butt jokes I'll rename the thread Operatsiya Uran - :)

Oh! Sorry.. I didnt mean for your scenario to be the butt of my jokes! Bwhahaha!

Looks good Pete.. keep up the good work.. looks like I better find time to start playing these games again..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Noakesy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Love the look of that Pete, always been interested in this sort of scenario and the poor hapless Romanians (rightly or wrongly) trying to stop russki tanks with not very much at all.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete AU » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm

They've got guts and guts is enough - uh rah.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:55 pm

pete AU wrote:They've got guts and guts is enough - uh rah.

Hmmmm, well adapting your tag line, I suspect that sadly for the Romanians history proves guts was not enough!
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Guts couldn't nullify the penalty of lacking modern artillery, modern infantry weapons including infantry AT weapons, 75mm or better AT guns, a credible air force, or real tanks.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hank » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Looks great. Will this scenario have AI?

... and since you mentioned Kalach has there been anything from JSS about updating or adding AI to his "Rommel Master of Battle" aka Kalach?

These two scenarios would really work well together. Or were you planning on including the same scope of JSS's Kalach?
hank
Major
Major

Postby pete AU » Sat May 01, 2010 12:11 am

I havent come accross JSS's Kalach scenario so i don;t know what scale its in. Mine is 5km per hex. I planned on doing 4 scenarios including Hoths rescue attempt and the hexenkessel.

I could do an AI - but I find doing them well a bit of a challange.

Re AT guns. Most Regiments had at least 1 35mm - although the russians had a tendency to say they had alot more.
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Lysimachus » Sat May 01, 2010 1:44 am

Robjess wrote:Oh! Sorry.. I didnt mean for your scenario to be the butt of my jokes! Bwhahaha!

Come on Rob, just stop. :lol:

By the way Pete, any chance of porting (sp?) this to Battlefront or maybe even BiI? I know it's probably a tall order, but I kind of spent £40 on books so i'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment.
Lysimachus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pete AU » Sat May 01, 2010 3:07 am

I don't have battlefront (don't ask) - so no chance of that. Porting to BiI would essentially mean doing all the work twice - you'll have saved up for Kharkov before I finish it. :) - plus its designed with Kharkovs features in mind - so would need a complete rework anyway. I'll keep it in mind - if enough people want it I'll consider it. Make your money order payable to...
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hank » Fri May 14, 2010 8:58 am

You should check out Kalach Bridge. Its a good scenario. I played it quite a bit back when I was into BiN. You can download it at SSG ... its been updated from the KP days to play on both BiN and BiI.
hank
Major
Major

Postby pete AU » Fri May 14, 2010 11:35 am

Yes, It seems to be a what if scenario. Good idea. The scale is different to what i'm doing.

Kalach is still one of the key vp and AO locations in the game, so they would be good to play together, giving an all round understanding of what happened and what could have happened.
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby albertdeny » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:02 pm

I read this post. That's what pose some design problems OOB has been changed after the siege. The units had to join different HQ where they were cut for example. As we do not know when or if Stalingrad cut the way to avoid this problem. It would be nice if there was a mechanism for the transfer of other units if enough slots designated AO AC - I think the old Atomic number allowed for such an occasion.
albertdeny
Private
Private

Postby pete AU » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Quick project update.

Looks like the 2 player version is good to go with just a few tweeks. I could mess around with the AI - but that would add a few months to any likley release - so will probably release with no AI and add one later.
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 am

Wow. Great news. When will you publish a DL link with the tweaks you mentioned? Are we a week or two away?
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design