List of Scenarios in development

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Rook » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:06 am

My opinion was formed based upon the platform contrast of direct combat with repects to the battles fought on the island.

I'm aware that the scale can be adjusted per the scenario designer, but a limit exists due to the nature of the combat program routine.

In any case, I just wanted to throw it out there. Your "mileage may very".
Rook
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Abwehr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:23 am

What part of the direct combat system would be too different from Battlefront? If the designer removes direct attack, it's basically the same.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rook » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:45 am

The ranged component to start with.

I don't quite understand the purpose of removing the direct attack. I appologize if I've mis-interrupted your meaning here.
Rook
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Abwehr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Direct attack is, aside from the ranged component, one of the few things that is different between Kharkov and Battlefront. If it is removed (as in: if units don't get a direct attack dice roll for an extra step casualty) the combat would be basically the same.

The ranged component could be compensated for by scale, and it isn't very suitable for Guadalcanal in any case. Too much rugged/jungle terrain.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design