New Scenarios - a request

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

New Scenarios - a request

Postby von Jaeger » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 am

I know this is the place for the active discussions, and very good they are too, but how come the SSG board has only the one scenario listed as available for download?

It is difficult (for me at least) to track the new scenarios on this page, especially to find the right link, and for people thinking of buying, wouldn't a list of user-made scenarios at SSG be a real encouragement? This is especially so as some of the reviews have commented on their only being the one scenario 'in the box' (great, and flexible, as that scenario is).

I don't know if the SSG team can do this or if the scenario designers have to do it themselves, but I would love to see the most recent version of all new scenarios in one place and easy to access.

Oh, and a huge thank you to all of you who are working so hard making them in the fist place. I think Kharkov is a great game and a real push-on from Battlefront (athough I loved the Stalingrad scenario), but it does need more scenarios... Can't wait for Konrad.

Stuart

PS I am really looking forward to GG's War in the East due next summer - many of this forum interested in that game?
Stuart 'von Jaeger' Hunt
A lifelong wargamer from carpet to table top to Squad Leader to Combat Mission and on...there's just not enough time!!!

'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.'
Napoleon
von Jaeger
Private
Private

Re: New Scenarios - a request

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:20 am

von Jaeger wrote:
...has only the one scenario listed as available for download?

There is only 1.

von Jaeger wrote:PS I am really looking forward to GG's War in the East due next summer - many of this forum interested in that game?

Should be a great game!

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby von Jaeger » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks for the rapid response - and this does kind of explain things!!!

I had thought there were a few more but these must be under development. I shall just have to be more patient.

And pluck up the nerve to PBEM. I have played as Germans and Russians, on Computer +, and found the AI put up a great fight to start with (especially in defence - in attack the AI lacks imagination IMO), but on both occasions I managed to win by over 3000 points. My guess is that Humans don't roll over quite so easily.

Stuart (aka von Jaeger or Comrade Huntski)
Stuart 'von Jaeger' Hunt
A lifelong wargamer from carpet to table top to Squad Leader to Combat Mission and on...there's just not enough time!!!

'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.'
Napoleon
von Jaeger
Private
Private

Postby Malak » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 am

And what about creating a table with the list of scenarios currently under development?
Also, since building a scenario of your own is a significant time investment why not have several interested people working on the same scenario sharing some tasks?

And yes, War in the East should be wonderful.

cheers
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design