Budapest 1945 - Konrad

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby jjdenver » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 am

So how does Budapest supply work in Konrad? It appears that there is a supply dump that works for 4 turns. Does this mean that for 4 turns Axis can burn as many petrol cans and attack bullets as they like and they'll be replaced but starting on turn 5 any bullets/cans burned are gone for good?

I guess as Soviets it's no use attacking Budapest before turn 5?

It looks like the Germans have double the # of arty pieces as the Soviets - is that about right or am I miscounting or not understanding something? I just want to get an idea of the ratio.

Finally, any strategy tips/notes (for either side) would be really appreciated.

Thx
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby pete AU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:12 am

Im sure the info about supply dumps in Konrad is in the game adendum info in the instruction book for ATD.

If you can't locate it let me know and ill post it (I'd do it now but I'm on the road). There are alot of supply dumps that simulate various things - so I took the time to put it in the product info.

As to artillery - the soviets have quite a lot you'll find. Each unit present in the conflict is represented AFAIK.

As to attacking budapest. Well, you don't have too - and the city didn't fall in the timeframe of the game. In testing we found this was enough turns of supply to make a german linkup possible if the german decides this to be his strategy early on.

This game is far more complex than any of the standard scenarios, and I would suggest reading the game info 1st to get an idea of what the tactics could be - and what aspects are simulated.

Cheers

Pete
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:18 am

Thx for the reply. I read the notes but it doesn't mention Budapest supply if the 4 dumps on the west side are not taken. The dump in middle of Budapest seems to be for 4 turns only. I'm not so familiar w/ way supply dumps and some other parts of the game work so that's why I'm asking if I'm right to assume that Germans in the city have unlimited supply for 4 turns then after that will begin to be unable to replace any bullets/cans used. So Soviets should wait until turn 5 to attack the city if they are going to?

Also I didn't understand this part of the notes. What does this mean?
"Direct armour defence has been given to units equipped with Schurzen and
of course, heavy tanks like the IS-II and King Tiger. The comparisons were done with the aid of ASL
references and do highlight some interesting differences in the way these units should now be used."
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby pete AU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:23 pm

direct armour it the factor is the that counters direct fire and is set from 0-3. Very heavy tanks and tanks equipped with armour skirts were given this factor in the konrad scenario. However, the factor seems to not be used in official scenarios.

As to the rest. ASL (Advanced Squad Leader) provides the best reference for AFV armour factors - full stop. So, I took Kharkovs T-34/76 as a base and developed a formaula to convert ASL armour factors, turret movement, speed etc etc to SSG factors - the results were interesting, and made sense to me.

Tank destroyer units now have higher offensive values, rather than higher defensive values and means the units are better used offensively than you may expect based on SSG's usual formula.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design