Erika ogg file for download

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Erika ogg file for download

Postby pete AU » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:31 pm

If you would like to download this file heres the link

http://rapidshare.com/files/279766523/i ... _erika.zip

simply place the extracted file in the music folder of Kharkov, ensure its named:

ingameKh_erika.ogg

the game will pick it up and play it in the order of other ingameKh files:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Erika (Auf der Heide blüht ein kleines Blümelein) is a marching song of the German military, and as such may offend some gamers. User discretion is advised.

The song was composed by Herms Niel in 1939. Name "Erika" had been derived from the heather plant (German: Heide, Erika; Latin : Erica). Vast heather-yards are one of the proud symbols of German natural heritage. The song has also become traditional by the highly prussianized Chilean Army.

Translation of the lyrics

On the heath a little flower blooms and it's called: Erika. Hot from a hundred thousand little bees that swarm over Erica because her heart is full of sweetness, her flowery dress gives off a delicate scent. On the heath a little flower blooms and it's called: Erika.

Back home lives a little farm maid and she's called: Erika. This girl is my faithful little darling and my good fortune, Erika. When the flower on the heath blooms red-lilac, I sing her this song in greeting. On the heath a little flower blooms and it's called: Erika.

Another little flower blooms in my small room and it's called: Erika. Already in the first rays of the morning, as well as at dusk, it looks at me, Erika. And then it seems to me it speaks aloud: "Are you also thinking of your little bride?" Back home a farm maid weeps for you and she's called Erika.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:57 pm

I must admit I just turn the music off on these games, which maybe I should stop doing. My first 'modern' pc game was battlefront ardennes, when it came out, and I loved the small video at the beginning and the historical songs on there (the german one was especially good, the yankee one was fine). Will have a listen. :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete AU » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:51 pm

I just did it because it could be done. I have a big selection of military oggs.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am

Nice work. I have a playlist full of military marches, so I always have something to listen to, but it's nice that the song can be included in the game.

The song was also popular in Finland, as Kaarina. The song was popular decades after the war and might still be popular.

The Finns copied the tunes of many popular German songs during the war and changed the lyrics.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby CESteman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:54 am

I assume the that 6 is the max you can have in the folder at one time?
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design