Additional features coming in the AI?

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Additional features coming in the AI?

Postby Malak » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:47 am

Roger Keating wrote:I am reluctant to post a patch to fix just this feature but there will be a patch before ATD and Husky come out as there are additional features in the AI that have been modified/added.

Hi Roger,

Are there big impacts on what exists today? I mean do you think it is better to wait for this patch before designing one AI?

Thank you
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Roger Keating » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:34 am

Posting a patch is never a simple affair at the moment. We first have to check it out, send it to Matrix to be implemented then go through the testing procedure all over again before we can give the release order.

It takes time and a lot of people become involved, noting of course that the above is the perfect path, not what often occurs. Any patch must be judged and the release planned. As I know there are adjustments in the AI and a patch will be made before Husky and ATD then I am inclined to wait, trusting to the honesty of your average player. If an HQ has a 10% chance of refit and below that it says 10 of 10 successful then I would suspect the person you are playing is using this feature. It is recorded and displayed. Of course you could have an extraordinary run of luck but it would be noted. The next patch is not a long way off so we are talking about a short period of time as well.

This patch would also increment the PBEM version which negates all previous PBEM games.

This is what the forum is for though, if enough pressure is applied then we will reconsider but above are the reasons for the apparent 'lack of action'.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Malak » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:08 am

Don’t know where you are in your patch process but I am taking the opportunity to ask you something. This is cosmetic. :mrgreen:

There are several soundtracks playing when using the game. However, when you are in the editor, it is always the same soundtrack been played. I do not know what it costs to have all soundtracks been played but I would like that very much for entertainment while designing.
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Roger Keating » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:36 am

I like the easy ones.

It now plays the general game playlist when you go to the editor.

I always have the music off when developing so don't really notice this sort of thing. You can add aditional music to the general playlist by putting ogg files in the music folder with names starting with

ingameKh_*.ogg

where * represents the name of your file. You will find that there are two files in there at the moment. Feel free to add or replace them if you have different a taste in music.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Abwehr » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 am

Some more music would be nice in general. The Battles in Italy music was probably the best thus far.

As to an actual patch: plenty of suggestions have been made. One of the crucial things is fixing the southern Cavalry Corps HQ's respawn in the original Kharkov scenario, as it can't spawn on railroads currently (which means it can't spawn at all).
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Malak » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:10 am

Great Roger and thanks to the tip.
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design