AI reinforce deployment

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

AI reinforce deployment

Postby laska2k4 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:57 pm

hi,

I created some german units as reinforce, they are scheduled to arrive on the battlefield at turn 5 on OMA 10.

I did some manual test and all seems to be correctly defined.

But when the AI take control I can't see any units employed on the field...

The units are attached to an army HQ but the AI instruction seems to work only for it. When turn 5 comes no additional units reach the main body.

the "arrival status" is "OMA 10" and the "alert status" is "standard unit".

thanks

max
max
laska2k4
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Roger Keating » Tue May 26, 2009 9:18 am

In the current AI operation card there are setting for each OMA that tells the system what to do with units in that box. Basically it allows you to order the AI to do nothing (default), move units to the map or move them to another OMA box.

Could you check this out and see that these values are entered. Let me know if this is the problem.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Gregor Whiley » Wed May 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Roger Keating wrote:In the current AI operation card there are setting for each OMA that tells the system what to do with units in that box. Basically it allows you to order the AI to do nothing (default), move units to the map or move them to another OMA box.

Could you check this out and see that these values are entered. Let me know if this is the problem.

The value you want is on the third screen of the AI operations card. Most of the important settings are on the first two screens but if you don't tell the AI to 'reinforce map' for the OMA in question, it won't do anything with them.

Gregor
Gregor Whiley
Vice President, SSG
www.ssg.com.au
Gregor Whiley
SSG

Postby laska2k4 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:24 pm

thanks, in fact I read the AI manual but there are some holes in my brain. :lol:
max
laska2k4
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design