AI Tutorial Question

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

AI Tutorial Question

Postby StarMan99 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Wow, the AI tutorial goes into some good detail, and is very similar to Battlefront.

My question is this. One of the user scenarios in Battlefront doesn't give you the drop down list of Enemy and Friendly held objectives found in the AI screen. It's just blank when you click on it.

What do I need to do to get all the objectives to show up in these drop down boxes?

I'm assuming it's something in the OOB, or Scenario creation itself, but I'm only interested in programming the AI, so am not familiar with flagging these lists to appear.

Thanks in advance.
StarMan99
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Roger Keating » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:37 am

I found that in several scenarios a large number of objectives that had no impact on the game made it very confusing for the AI designer. In the objective edit screen you can set an AI Advice item that specifies whether the objective will be of use in the AI edit functions.

This means that you can include only the objectives that are at key points on the map.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby StarMan99 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Super D Duper

I have found the AI Advice field.

Thanks Roger!
StarMan99
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design