Board Game conversion

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Ian » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Marcus, in the long term I hope to be able to convert all Kharkov scenarios to Battlefront and visa versa. Although this will obviously only happen over an extended period of time.

For Barbarossa I will try to stay as true to the original board game as possible. Included is a sneak preview.

Till later
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Marcus the leper » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:07 am

Ian, I just cannot get over how gorgeous those maps are and in the above screenshot, the counters look brilliant as well. Thank you for making a new purchase that I was already thrilled about, maybe the best pc gaming purchase I have made in years! Keep up the phenomenal, stunning art work and please keep us posted as work continues. Again, thank you and cheers!!
Marcus the leper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby qy_panzer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Really good game, very simple and interesting!
:D
When will Barbarossa be available?
qy_panzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Ian » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:45 pm

Progress is still very slow at the moment. I can only commit an hour or two a week to scenario editing for now.
I will try to get the smaller scenarios out first. Barbarossa will take longer because of its huge size.

Till later
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby qy_panzer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi Ian,

About the victory points for soltsy, is there any bugs?

Because the viction condition is one side win more than 150 points than the other side. But for the soivet army, they don't earn any point for defending the cities, and the victory point for each Germany army unit is very low. So it's impossible for the red army to win now.

I guess that maybe the original victory condition is for Germany to win more than 150, right?
qy_panzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Ian » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:30 am

qy_panzer wrote:I guess that maybe the original victory condition is for Germany to win more than 150, right?

Yes, if memory serves me correctly only the Germans earn victory points in Soltsy as far as objectives is concerned.

Draw =150 points
Marginal= 175 points
Decisive= 200 points

The Russians and Germans earn victory points for units that are destroyed on the battlefield.
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby qy_panzer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:01 am

Ian wrote:
qy_panzer wrote:I guess that maybe the original victory condition is for Germany to win more than 150, right?

Yes, if memory serves me correctly only the Germans earn victory points in Soltsy as far as objectives is concerned.

Draw =150 points
Marginal= 175 points
Decisive= 200 points

The Russians and Germans earn victory points for units that are destroyed on the battlefield.

Thanks!
qy_panzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby jeffs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:01 am

I have been enjoying the Soltsy scenerio, but I have had some difficulty exiting from the replay of the AI turn in order to go on to my turn. After turn 12, I was unable to advance from the AI replay screen to my next turn. Any assistance you can give me would be helpful. I have attached a save. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All My Best,

Jeff Sutro
jeffs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Ian » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Jeffs

My apologies for replying only now. I have downloaded your save game and tried it out.
The save game start with the human player as the Russians. When I hit the end turn button the AI played its turn without any problems and I was also able to go onto the next turn once the AI finished its turn. I can see nothing wrong, unless I’m misunderstanding you, which is also possible. :wink:
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thanks - a great little scenario.

Postby von Jaeger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:00 pm

OK - my first post despite being a lurker on various war game fora for many years!

Thanks for this (Soltsy) scenario which was a really good introduction to the main features of the game, as well as being thoroughly enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the scale of the game/unit size, and the Red AI took me by surprise once or twice -although the Wehrmacht's tactical superiority and ruthless execution led to an overwhelming victory in the end! This is merely what OKH expects from it's Korps commanders...

In terms of design, it took me some time to realise that there were no tactical shifts for attacking from multiple hexes or for formation integrity. I'm interested to know why?

This was a great way into the game for me as I didn't want to start the main scenario (and maybe spoil my enjoyment with some basic cock-ups) without a taster. I've started the main battle now (only to the end of turn one!) and I'm quite pleased with the punishment I have dished out to the Soviet spearheads - I just hope I haven't overstretched myself!

More scenarios, please, from all you clever designers! Eastern front - all shapes and sizes.

Thanks again
Stuart
von Jaeger
Private
Private

Postby Noypi53 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi Ian,

Will you be converting the Soltsy scenario to the latest version of Kharkov? Or is the current scenario already compatible?

Regards,
Noypi53
Noypi53
Corporal
Corporal

Postby von Jaeger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Worked OK for me with 1.11
Stuart 'von Jaeger' Hunt
A lifelong wargamer from carpet to table top to Squad Leader to Combat Mission and on...there's just not enough time!!!

'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.'
Napoleon
von Jaeger
Private
Private

Re: Thanks - a great little scenario.

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 pm

von Jaeger wrote:In terms of design, it took me some time to realise that there were no tactical shifts for attacking from multiple hexes or for formation integrity. I'm interested to know why?

Hi Stuart

I'm glad you like the scenario. As far as tactical shifts go, I decided to not to include it in the scenario simply because the original board game did not have a similar rule. :)

Till later.
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design