Board Game conversion

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Chris Merchant » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:14 pm

It's nice to see a small uncomplicated scenario, it looks like a good choice as an intro scenario to Kharkov. And congrats with the AI Ian!

cheers Chris
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Charly G » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 pm

Congratulations for your scenario.
PBEM GAMES
none

ImageImage
Charly G
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Carl Myers wrote:I would suggest copying the folder in the zip file to the Scenarios folder instead of extracting the folder.

Thanks for picking up on this Carl. You are right to point this out. The scenario folder should be copied and not extracted.
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Iberian » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:17 am

I downloaded your scenario and I'm testing it. It's a great job and wanted to say thanks for sharing it with us. Congratulations.
Iberian
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Noypi53 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Hello!

I extracted the Battle of Soltsy (BoS) folder from the zip file to a temporary folder. I then moved the BoS folder to the Scenarios folder in the Kharkov main directory.

Starting up Kharkov, I clicked on the "Start a New Game" button. I could not see the BoS folder.

Anybody can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Noypi53
Noypi53
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Noypi53 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi!

I saw what I was doing wrong.

The Battle of Soltsy folder must be in the Kharkov folder found in the Scenarios folder!!

Will now give the game a try. Good effort Ian!

Noypi53
Noypi53
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Bertram » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Noypi,

The scenario's folder is ok, but when you start the game it is pointed to the last folder you used, which will be the Kharkov one (there being no other at first).

You need to hit the "B" (on screen, not the key, above the scenario name) when selecting a game, after which you are a level higher, and can choose between the Kharkov and the BoS folders.

(only scenario's that use the same map as a battle need to be placed in the folder with that battles name)
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain

Postby Pascal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:48 am

I had a quick play the other day. It looks great, looking forward to playing right through the battle.

Thanks for your work Ian. You're turning into a bit of a scenario factory.

I'm following with interest the Prokhorovka Axis & Allies AARs here on run5. One day i might find the time to play that massive scenario as well :-)
Pascal
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Noypi53 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Bertram,

Thanks for the pointers on installing the folders. It worked!

Ian,

Great small scenario! I couldn't get going with the Kharkov scenario cuz it's so massive. With your scenario, it also allows me to get a grip of the rules while still enjoying the game.

The GMT game from which this was adapted had another battle (Staraya?). Are you planning to do a conversion on that as well? :lol:

Noypi53
Noypi53
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Visco » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 pm

that one was realy extreamly hard :p.. but it was fun.. not sure if i won tho.

i had a hard time getting the overlook of the map becouse i keept missing this towns so i did not know what i aimed to hit.

if you wish i could use some help with one of my maps (pm me if you wanna help me out) i have problems makeing it balanced >.< east units always seem to be worse then west units.. i want them to be equal but playable. well anyway. good game ;)
Visco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Marcus the leper » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:48 am

Ian, as a newcomer to SSG, let me say, that map is stunning and absolutely brilliant. I was turned off many years ago by ATD, but after hearing raves over the course of three games, I just had to take the plunge when SSG turned back to the Eastern Front. As a former boardgamer, I cannot tell you enough how much I love the look of that map, please keep up the gorgeous work and I look forward to your next creation. Cheers!
Marcus the leper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Chris Merchant » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:47 pm

This scenario is now available from the User Created Scenarios page:

http://www.ssg.com.au/?page=scenarios

cheers Chris
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Marcus the leper wrote:Ian, as a newcomer to SSG, let me say, that map is stunning and absolutely brilliant. I was turned off many years ago by ATD, but after hearing raves over the course of three games, I just had to take the plunge when SSG turned back to the Eastern Front. As a former boardgamer, I cannot tell you enough how much I love the look of that map, please keep up the gorgeous work and I look forward to your next creation. Cheers!

Thanks Chris for posting the download page on SSG’s site, it looks great.

Marcus, I still have about four incomplete projects going.

1. Operation Blau. (Battlefront)
2. Barbarossa based on GMT’s board game with the same name. This is a massive scenario and includes GMT’s board game map and covers the start of the Russian campaign from July 1941 to about February 1942. (Kharkov)
3. Battle of Soltsy. (Battlefront)
4. Falklands. (Battlefront)

All I need now is the time to complete the scenarios.

Here is a preview of the Axis turn page.

Till later
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Noakesy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 pm

What a tease :wink: :lol:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Marcus the leper » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:41 am

Ian, you just made my week! I am an absolutely GMT slappy and really cannot wait for the Barbarossa Scenario. Do you forsee making the Case Blue Scenario for Kharkov? Thank you for the information, it looks excellent.
Marcus the leper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PreviousNext

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design