Winter War Scenario

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Winter War Scenario

Postby Nicko » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:57 am

Just for anyone who posts here and not over at Matrix, i'm creating a new Winter War scenario, subject to how much it would be appreciated, and if I can get some support, but here is my post from Matrix, comments will be very much appreciated! I start work tomorrow!

Ok, well as promised, i'm going to start work on a scenario for Kharkov, providing two things.

1) People want it, and find my idea interesting

2) There are people around to support me, and help me when I run into difficulties, with hopefully some people helping me, and being part of a team that produces this thing.

I am happy to put a lot of work into this, but having only worked on modifications for FPS games, this will be a re-invention!

Well the scenario (should it prove popular) is to create a Finnish winter war scenario.

I'm not totally sure yet whether it will be larger scale as to emcompass the entire front, or to concentrate on a certain battle such as the battle of Suomussalmi.

It's not been covered as far as I know, and unless people would generally prefer a Spanish Civil War scenario (my other passion) then I think i'd like to take it up!

Please..if anyone has information on who might like to help, or if you yourself would like to get involved in anyway, then please let me know.

Chiefnick@gmail.com

Thanks to SSG for making this great game, and hopefully more scenarios can be created to make the atmosphere for the game similar to how i remember in earlier releases!

Thanks
Over and Out
Nicko
ImageImage
Nicko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Chris Merchant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:03 am

Nicko,

sounds great and I know that SSG are working on extending the editor documentation at the moment to include AI and AO information which will help with your scenario. Please post away here when you need help as I'm sure you'll get it...

cheers Chris
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi Nicko,

I'm sure plenty around here will help out with "hints and tips" but I'm not clever enough for that, but if you need a play tester at all I'd be interested - winter war would be good fun I'm sure.

Cheers
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi Nicko

Well i started over a year ago gathering data for the OOB on Suomussalmi and Rate Road, which i finally finished gathering earlier this year, and then started to look at the map requirements, but that is far as I have gotten so far.

Its a long term project as i enjoy spending to much of my time playing. :D

I will probable start looking at it again at some point later in the year, as i seem to do this in bursts, before gaming takes over again. But if you are interested in doing these battles then happy to hand over all the stuff I have gathered so far or work on it with you.

If you are interested drop me a PM or mail at lewisew@ntlworld.com

Talos
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby albertdeny » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 pm

You can load a "A century of wars" scenario TOAW III editor and save it, then it will be playable TOAWIII. It works only with scenarios that are played with standard Opart300.exe, there are scenarios that come with a modified exe that do not work properly in toawIII because of the modified equipment.
albertdeny
Private
Private

Return to Kharkov Scenario Design