PBEM opponent

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Kharkov?

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

PBEM opponent

Postby pete AU » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Anyone up for a game?
Iskra or Stalingrad if you have downloaded.

If you have an interest in playtesting a Napoleonic concept game or spanish civil war scenario email me and I'll get a link for you.

Cheers

Pete
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Pete, you've gone quiet on the Guadalajara game, are we going to restart it?
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete AU » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Just getting distracted and worn out by my Normandy project. American OOB done - but was 500 counters at regimental level and Bn arty - lots of corrections to original OOB - especially american armour which seems to be represented incorrectly. Fancied a break. I havent done anything extra to guadalajera - but I have been stepping up my artwork - finally getting to the next level with photoshop. Its easy to waste hours mapping.

You'll see I've released Iskra in the hope of some helpful feedback. However, seems forums are quiet at the moment.
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:40 am

pete AU wrote:You'll see I've released Iskra in the hope of some helpful feedback. However, seems forums are quiet at the moment.

Think you're right there Pete, seems very quiet currently.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:11 am

Hey Pete,

I DL'ed Iskra and had a look but no feedback yet. I'm in 3 games with 3 different players:

Kharkov
Stalingrad
Konrad

I'm sure you don't want feedback on Kharkov, but I'll probably have some feedback on Stalingrad and Konrad once those complete. So far it's around turn 8(?) and Soviets seem to be doing about historical in Stalingrad. It's around turn 4 in Konrad and Germans seem to be getting stuffed pretty well by Red Army.

As my games complete we usually pick something new to start or switch sides. I'd guess than after Stalingrad and Konrad we might have a go at ATD2 mod from Abwehr or one of your other scenarios.

Really we have fun with every single scenario I think. Thanks for your hard work!!! and Normandy I can't wait to see. :)
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:07 am

Good to hear you're working on Normandy, I was wondering about that as our correspondence over e-mail slowed down a bit lately so I wasn't sure what you're working on. Let me know when there's something you want to discuss.

Also: I saw you made Iskra public, but I was wondering what you had changed compared to the last version we played/tested a couple of months ago.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete AU » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:17 am

fixed a few basic errors - however, I felt the game was correct at our original test. Seemed a shame to let it gather dust.
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:31 am

Oh, and btw I can probably play any scenario you pick Pete but only at a rate of 2-3 turns per week. Let me know if you want to start one - any is fine for me, new ones or old ones. Just not ATD2 because that would be too big to take on really.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby pete AU » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:38 pm

thanks guys - i have a few games going now.
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RalphH » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:10 am

I am up for a Kharkov or maybe even a ATD2 game if anyone is interested.
RalphH
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Kharkov Play By Email (PBEM)