Can't change resolution

Discussion relating to Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Can't change resolution

Postby Ozsi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi, I just bought this yesterday (and looks good so far), however it looks like I can't change to the higher, 1280x1024 resolution?

I'm running on a large wide-screen monitor, but have turned off scaling so when I run the game it's sitting in the middle of the screen and surrounded by black bars. In this setup it's clearly at 1024x768.

Then if I go to the options menu and click to change the resolution, the value changes to 1280x1024, but the button becomes shaded red, and the game itself does not change. I've tried restarting the game, the options menu still shows 1280x1024, but the button's still shaded red and the game is still running at 1024x768. If I click the button back to 1024x768 the red goes away.

I have even tried changing the desktop resolution to 1280x1024 (and the monitor can do it without any stretching, scaling) but the game still only runs at 1024x768.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind the lack of widescreen etc but it would be good to get at least get it as big as it's capable of going! :)

Thanks.
Ozsi
New Recruit

Postby Ozsi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Actually I think I'm telling lies! :oops: :)

I'd only been running the tutorial so far, but I just tried the main Kharkov scenario and that looks like it is at the higher resolution once the map loads. I guess because the tutorial's on a smaller map it stays at the lower resolution?

Anyway, looks like the "problem" is solved!
Ozsi
New Recruit

Return to Kharkov Discussion