Bug fixes for Kirovograd

Discussion relating to Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Bug fixes for Kirovograd

Postby The Red Baron » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:13 pm

I recently finished my second go-around as the Soviets in Kirovograd and thoroughly enjoyed Chris Merchant's efforts again; however, I've noticed what appears to be several bugs:

1. There's a Soviet rocket artillery unit that is part of the 5 Mech Corps. It starts the battle with a full load of ammunition but once you expend this ammo, it never receives any resupply. This occurred in both games, even though I left the unit sitting almost on top of 2nd Ukrainian Front HQ to insure its resupply.

2. The 7th Mech Corps' AAA unit lacks a range marker and projects no AAA defense when you press F5 to highlight your anti-aircraft units.

3. Finally, and most important, Totenkopf never arrives on turn 6 as scheduled. Totenkopf's arrival as planned on turn 6 would have seriously put a dent in my spearheads west of Kirovograd and made the capturing of further obectives more of a challenge.

Has anyone else noticed else noticed these "hiccups" and can you walk me through the changes in the editor necessary to fix them? (I have no experience with the editor.) I'm most interested in fixing Totenkopf's arrival problem, since that would pose a greater challenge for the Soviet player (and give me more of a chance as the German player!).
"Never tell a man how to do something; only tell him what to do, and you will be surprised by his ingenuity." - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
The Red Baron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Chris Merchant » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Red Baron

Thanks for the info.

I'll be reviewing the bug reports and updating the scenario in time for the next patch release - whenever that might be. I felt sure I had squashed the Totenkopf arrival problem in last patch but obviously not.

cheers Chris
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby The Red Baron » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:19 am

Hi Chris,

Great scenario; loved working my way through it. Look forward to the patch when Totenkopf arrives as scheduled.

I poked around in the editor before writing my first post and noticed that, although Tishovka's arrival hexes are indicated at the top of OMA editing screen, there appears to have been no map locations assigned; i.e. when I clicked on Map Location #1-3 in the editor screen, no colored hexes for Tishovka appeard on the map as with the other OMAs. By clicking on each in turn, I was able to assign these and the OMA markers then appeared on the map. Maybe this has something to do with the arrival problem?
The Red Baron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby ChrisC » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:40 am

A little while ago I edited the Kirovograd scenario which I optimized for a game vs. the Russian AI. It is harder for the Germans to stop the advance now that I have "messed around" with the AI a bit. I cleaned up the OOBs in addition. The GD division now has some Tigers as they probably had back in January 44. At least I have found some sources.

Playing as the Russians the TK Division should now arrive as scheduled. I checked multiple times.

Here is the link

http://rapidshare.com/files/439524346/K ... d_EDIT.rar

Cheers
Chris
ChrisC
Private
Private

Postby Targ » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks for the update Chris :)
Targ
Sergeant
Sergeant