Way hooked again!

Discussion relating to Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Way hooked again!

Postby Willgamer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:36 am

Last month I was browsing my old computer for games to re-install in my new win 7 pc. I came across BiN (hadn't looked at it in at least 5 years), installed it, and was pleasantly surprised when it ran with no problems.

Relearned on some scenarios and played the campaign.

Wow! Can't remember having so much fun with any recent games. Thanks SSG!

Anybody working on migrating the BiN campaign, or OtP, to the Kharkov engine? I, for one, would buy Kharkov just for that.... and I'd even go ahead and replace my AtD with AtD2. :D
Willgamer
New Recruit

Postby jjdenver » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:09 am

I'm pretty sure Pete is migrationg BiN to Kharkov engine. I think he got pretty far but got worn out by the huge job he has. I guess once he's refreshed he will pick it up again.

Beyond BiN I think there are some even better scenarios such as Kharkov 43, and others that will be upcoming.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby pete AU » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I am progressing and am about 75% done.

However, all you can take from the original game is the map and counter templates. I've updated the counters - so only the map remains the same as the original game. Units stats need to be changed and HQ's added etc. It will be a very different game.

Getting it to play right could take a bit of time - maybe around christmas time in hommage to the original release
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Willgamer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Thank you both for the replies. The community here seems very friendly and helpful.

That's great news that Normandy will live on in the Kharkov engine. Thank you very much... :D
Willgamer
New Recruit

Postby Noakesy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:23 pm

pete AU wrote:Getting it to play right could take a bit of time - maybe around christmas time in hommage to the original release

I can imagine that's the case, you only have to look at Husky and see how difficult that was to port over to the Kharkov system as a playable scenario. :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Kharkov Discussion