Scenario variants

Discussion relating to Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Scenario variants

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:17 am

Does anyone have a summary or know of the differences between the scenario variants in Kharkov? For instance in which scenario variant are ahistorical Soviet units available? I also saw mention of a variant that included a subsidiary drive on Belgorod. I'm finishing up my first game using historical AOs, and I'm trying to decide what to play next.
The Red Baron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Malak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:56 am

Hi Red Baron,

The best is that you go directly in the editor to see each of the existing variants. For that, instead of clicking “Play Battle” after selecting the Kharkov scenario, select “Edit Battle”.

Then, at the bottom right of the screen, select “Strings” (number 14). At the bottom left, you will then have the possibility to select either Allied Variants (number 1) or Axis Variants (number 2). Now, on the right panel, you will have the possibility to click on each variant to read it. Once done, click on Back button (twice I think) to come back on the editor main screen. Here, select New button and click on Yes to avoid saving anything.

Hope this helps.
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby The Red Baron » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:05 am

Malak,

Thanks so much for your help! You probably saved me hours of tediously loading each scenario then clicking around the map while examining HQs to see what has changed; much appreciated!
"Never tell a man how to do something; only tell him what to do, and you will be surprised by his ingenuity." - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
The Red Baron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Kharkov Discussion