Thank You SSG and a request

Discussion relating to Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Malak » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 am

Perhaps an option would be to enhance the editor so that maps are easier to do. I am remembering TOAW where almost everything was there to directly perform the graphics of your map within the editor. All right, SSG maps are far better. True. But, we need to make two maps: the editor and the graphical maps. And beware of rivers and roads crossing, otherwise, you will have a bad surprise when generating bridges. :x

I do not know what is feasible but an editor that would make maps at SSG standard, this is something nice to have. If it were simpler and faster to create a map, more scenarios would be available. Is the success of TOAW, in terms of sales I mean, is not linked to the enormous scenario database since it was easy to make them?

Cheers
Malak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Brubaker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Abwehr wrote:Good to see you around Brubaker, it's been a while.

Hi Abwehr. It has been a while, hasn't it? I came on to read somethign of Joe's and scrolled around a bit and found this thread.

I have a very strong opinion on the graphics issue. I think it is the elephant in the room. I strongly feel if the graphical quality (higher resolution) was there the games would attract a more discerning (fickle?) audience which would generate more interest therefore more sales therefore more user scenarios and on it goes. When you read any forums about the place in relation to the SSG games you will see a large percentage relate back to this very issue. And yet it remains unaddressed. I think no matter how many new scenarios/versions/changes/improvements are made they will have little effect on the marketplace until the elephant is addressed.

The games are great they just need to be easier on the eye.

Just my 2c

Cheers
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Nebogipfel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:47 am

That elephant is one of the reasons I haven´t bought Kharkov until now.

Personally I don´t mind the "pixel" look, absolutly I like the SSG design, but I have no intension, to buy a game (at that price range), which doesn´t work the right way on my system.

I´m sure the Kharkov engine does its job very well in terms of gameplay, but many users asked for improved graphics inestead of new rules.
Nebogipfel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby kondor999 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:47 pm

I think the graphics are great. My personal wish would be for the game to be re-coded as a standard windows app with resizable window, etc.

One day...
kondor999
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Noakesy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Abwehr wrote:Good to see you around Brubaker, it's been a while.

Indeed you are right Abwehr, too long a while if you ask me, but he should have sorted out that Barbarella photograph by now :wink: :D Even worse, I'm the old git still quite happy to buy the old ferrari, but I see this graphics and other threads quite often now so maybe time to buy new glasses. :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Kharkov Discussion