Supply Question

Discussion relating to Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Supply Question

Postby jckerr4 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Any Hints why my arty is not recieving attack supply?
For the past 2 turns Attack bullets stay at 2
Supply range shows green
HQ is in range, actually on the same hex.
I moved the HQ but that was 3 turns ago
I am playing axis and my arty is useless on the southern front
What am I missing?
jckerr4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby jckerr4 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:01 pm

What does suppressed by region mean and how does it relate to supply?
jckerr4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Roger Keating » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:32 pm

An HQ will supply its own formation with bullets for combat and artillery use. This is seperate from the general supply that is used to judge whether or not a unit is in the red and general supply is drawn from the map itself, the map being supplied from multiple sources of supply.

In some cases, if an HQ moves, it will resupply bullets at a reduced rate or be prohibited from supplying then at all, such as in the case of many infantry HQs.

In Kharkov the Axis units in the South are preparing for an attack North through Soviet lines and had a few days to do it before they could commit themselves. They were not in a position to use their combat or artillery units to take shots at the Soviet line. To reflect this problem we introduced the concept of a particular formation being unable to supply bullets if a particular region is active, thus if a formation in the South is still in reserve then it is deemed 'surpressed'. When the region changes to allow attacking to take place it immediately starts to issue bullets to all units under it.

In the past the only way this was possible was using the evolve unit function and that means that you would have to specify the turn you want the evolution to take place. By tying it to a region it makes it event driven and not a turn based event.

I hope that this explains the function and philosophy behind surpression.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby jckerr4 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:55 am

Thanks
Makes sense
jckerr4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Kharkov Discussion