Prokhorovka Multiplayer Soviet Thread

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battlefront?

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Talos » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:38 am

APPRECIATION REPORT FROM GENERAL NIKOLAI FYODOROVICH VATUTIN 6th July 1943 02.00pm

It seems the invader has changed tactics some what, and they are now taking a more methodical approach especially in the center against 6th Guards and 69th Armies. Artillery is being used to soften up Russian units, though this makes it slow going to push forward which can only be to the good with massive reserves that are available . The major push in the past 4 hours has been along the 69th Army sector, though nothing serious yet it has the potential to become problem if corrective action is not taken.

Thoughts for this afternoon are to let 1st Tank Army to continue a gradual retreat now that is has broken contact and use armoured units to make the odd attack on German armour with direct fire. New defensive positions will be based along the Pena river eventually over the next day of operations though eventually its expected that a retreat to the second main defensive line may be in order. In addition the blowing of all bridges to slow the indaver down is a must.

It looks like that 6th Guards Army will be able to hold in situ to some extent for the moment as progress by the invader here is very slow and ultra cautious.

In the 69th army sector 81st GRD is being released to Army command to help in defensive positions and to maintain a strong defense.

The following support assets are available this afternoon

1 shock attack
1 Close air support mission
2 Interdictions
3 mines
1 strong point
3 infantry replacements
4 armour replacements
3 Trains

Thoughts are to allocate 3 trains and 1 interdiction to 6th Guards Army, remaining assets are available for bids by Army commands.

Please post replies here and final decision will be made later in the week before operations are commenced.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby valter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:37 am

I have just look the turn and i must say that the situation is far better as i expected. Another thing is that they are attacking now to doggies side. They left Meikhovo but I am not going to stay still. The plan is to fist attack at (58,69) and realocate forces near to Belomestnoye city, see following image. If the Germans doesn't react I am going to move South. It is the best move and make them thing twice about crossing the river wile they are facing a threat from the North.

While I am moving South my left flank will be exposed. That is why a defense line must be formed as the following picture shows.

The bigest problem fo the Germans is the way they are attacking. They are losing forces without any cause and without gaining anything. In Meikhovo front the situation is desperate. They should have execute thair General for losing so many forces. He hasn't even clear the mines! In Stroitel things are quite good but only because they have the best troops and a vast amount of elite artillery. From now on they are going to face the same dellima as I am, cause my artillery is going to hit them hard.

End of report.
valter
Corporal
Corporal

Postby valter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 am

I forgot to say that i need the shock attack and one inderdiction

I will be available from Friday
valter
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Talos » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:56 am

The plan seems eminently sensible and is approved.

I am going to allocate both air interdictions, the shock attack, close air support and 3 trains to your command hopefully to make German commanders think its a major push and give them something else to think about. Please let other commanders know if you do not use any of your assets.

You will get to move 1st then Doggie, Noakesy and me. If there are no more thoughts for this turn I will write up final orders for tomorrow so you can start your turn on Friday.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Talos » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:48 am

From: General of the Army Nikolai Fyodorovich Vatutin, Commander Voronezh Front

To:
General-Lieutenant Katukov, (1st Tank Army)
General Chistyakov, (6th Guards Army)
General-Lieutenant Victor Dimitrivich Kruchenkin, (69th Army)

Order of movement will be 6th Guards, 1st Tank, 69th and Front.

Orders for this afternoon

General Chistyakov, (6th Guards Army)
Your proposed plan is approved. 69th Army will deploy to defend your flank.
Assets available for your use
2 Air Interdictions
1 Shock Attack
1 Close air Support mission
3 Trains

General-Lieutenant Katukov, (1st Tank Army)
You are to carry on with a phased withdraw and take up defensive positions behind the Pena river over the next day. You are to blow all bridges to slow the invader and where possible, and opportunity permits to make attacks on any German spearhead within range.

General-Lieutenant Victor Dimitrivich Kruchenkin, (69th Army)
You are to conform with defensive dispositions as requested by General Chistyakov in his proposed plan of action. To help in this and provide additional resources for your Army 81st Guards Rifle Division is released from front reserves to your command. The following defensive assets have been made available for your use:
3 mines
1 strongpoint
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 am

Talos wrote:General-Lieutenant Katukov, (1st Tank Army)
You are to carry on with a phased withdraw and take up defensive positions behind the Pena river over the next day. You are to blow all bridges to slow the invader and where possible, and opportunity permits to make attacks on any German spearhead within range.

Excellent, look forward to moving my formations in due course.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby valter » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:49 am

Report to General Vatutin Commander of Voronezh Front

6th of July 1943 06:00 pm

General, with all my respect I must thank you for your approval of the proposed plan. My stuff and I personally, were a bit disappointed for the delay of operation “Wormhole”. The Germans are still thinking that they are capable of winning and therefore are pushing forward leaving gaps in their lines. The situation for them is not as critical as it will be in the next hours. I have ordered my army in Meikhovo front to move forward. My intentions will probably confuse the Germans as they will think that my target is the bridge Northeast of Razumnoye City. Of course this is a false movement, and while they will try to stop my forces moving further to the South, I will order them to move West trying to pocket the remaining units across the river. For this, synchronization is everything. 31 Division is essential for the plan to work as they will be needed to close the gaps while a will try to encircle the enemy. The plan may seem too optimistic, but I believe it has great chances of success. The front at Nikoiskoye has broken, and enemy forces are crossing the river. In the next few hours they will reach the final line of defense. The area is too big to be properly defended and clear weather will make this task more difficult. Thus, we have to delay them at any cost. These facts make my order more reasonable and while there is still a great chance of not succeeding it will surely delay them for some time.

The plan itself consists of two parts. The first one is the encirclement, and the second one, is closing the gaps and retain pressure to their front line as seen below:

There is a big problem with weather and air interdiction, so extreme caution will be taken the first hours of the operation. When interdiction will be available, operation will proceed at full speed.

General Chistyakov, Commander of 6th Guards Army
valter
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Doggie3 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:42 pm

To: Comrade General of the Army Nikolai Fyodorovich Vatutin, Commander Voronezh Front

From: Comrade General-Lieutenant Victor Dimitrivich Kruchenkin, Commander 69th Army

Subject: Situation Report and Battlefield Appreciation, as at (turn eight).

1. All units in 69th sector remain intact.
2. 31st Rifle Div continues to occupy second line.
3. 78th Guards Rifle have moved to occupy the defensive line as ordered in order to support 6th Guards Army.
4. 73rd Guards are defending the river crossings. Three Infantry Divisions (106th, 161st and 282nd) spotted on west bank of river.
5. 81st Guards Rifle Division taken under command and has commenced movement to assist with the defensive line and preparation for further attacks, particularly against 7th Panzer Division.
6. Mixed artillery success, some infantry and pioneer units hit.

We remain committed to an aggressive defence of the motherland!

Urrah!

The northern section of 69th Army - the defensive line forms

Three enemy divisions at the river bank.
ImageImageImage
Doggie3
Major
Major

Postby Talos » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 pm

END OF DAY REPORT FROM GENERAL NIKOLAI FYODOROVICH VATUTIN, VORONEZH FRONT 6th July 1943

Excellent work comrade Generals, this battle is going much better than expected from initial force appreciations projected. The attack plan proposed by General Chistyakov, (6th Guards Army) should make the invader think long and hard what his future operations will be. The plan long term (several days from now) will be to build up a massive counter attacking force in the weakest of the enemy sectors and hit him hard but this will have to wait on future operations.

From tomorrow we shall start receiving reinforcements to front command in the form of the 5th Guards Tank Corps so future operations can be thought about to keep our foe off balance, longer term the 5th Guards Army and 5th Guards Tank Army are also deploying to front reserve.

We shall now wait and see what tomorrow brings and how the invader reacts to the local counter attack by the 6th Guards. :twisted:
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Any news on this Talos, seems to have gone a bit quiet...
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm

Noakesy wrote:Any news on this Talos, seems to have gone a bit quiet...

I will poke the oppo to see if they are still amongst the living :wink:
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Doggie3 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Any news on the valiant defence of our родина?

Urrah!
ImageImageImage
Doggie3
Major
Major

Postby valter » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:26 am

It's obvious that the game is dead as it is now. It was nearly as dead some time now. What is irritating is that they didn't even mention anything. It is so simple, if there was a problem just say it.

There are two option: call it off or find some new players to continue
valter
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Noakesy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:12 am

Sadly I'd say 'call it off', happens all the time with these mult-player games. As you say, the disappointment is no-one says anything. :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:23 am

Have not heard anything, or seen any of the oppo on the boards in a while, so i think as Noakesy says we will have to call time on the game.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefront Play By Email (PBEM)