Battlefront Market Garden PBEM Tournament!

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battlefront?

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Joe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:49 am

The AAR of each turn doesn't require an essay. Just let us know what happened and the thinking behind it.

If it means giving away your overall plan then just say so and the tell us the thinking some turns later.

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Strax » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:52 pm

Congratulations to the finalists.
May the best man win.

Thanks to Rob for organising it all.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Islander » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:41 am

Alrighty then, first turns are off. Talos and I will have to decide how many turns to get thru before we post some screenshots. Which leads me to.....

I'm looking for some help in posting the pics. I've no idea about offsite hosting, etc. I will write up the comments, and provide the relevant pics. I'm looking for someone to help me with the last steps. :?

Now don't everybody volunteer at once. :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Islander
Captain
Captain

Postby Talos » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:27 am

Islander wrote:Alrighty then, first turns are off. Talos and I will have to decide how many turns to get thru before we post some screenshots. Which leads me to.....

I'm looking for some help in posting the pics. I've no idea about offsite hosting, etc. I will write up the comments, and provide the relevant pics. I'm looking for someone to help me with the last steps. :?

Now don't everybody volunteer at once. :shock:

Well as you probable do not want to post them through my own site :lol: , you can use photobucket address follows http://photobucket.com/ . Just create an account and then you cost host the images here and then just put the link in the forums which will then display.

In terms of how far in advance, some things can pretty much go strait away, others might even have to wait until the end of the game (though I would quite happily show off the XXX corps start, its kills and and what I think is the best possible start for XXX corps).
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Tempest » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:42 am

Islander,

JSS or Robjess taught me how to do post images on the forum and. while there are probably more sophisticated methods to use, what follows is the step by step I've found works.

1) Once you've created a photobucket account, upload a jpeg file to your album (I think photobucket creates a default album for you but, if not, it's pretty user friendly for doing so). The "My Album" tab at top of signed in home page displays the Upload menu and your images.

Viewing your album, you'll see a thumbnail image of your file with 4 types of links (Email & PM, Direct Link, HTML code and IMG Code) below it. Copy the IMG Code.

Paste the above IMG Code into your forum entry and try a preview; your image should be there.

I've had a (free) photobucket account for 2 years now and have been quite pleased with them.
Tempest
Major
Major

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:21 am

My ISP allows me free web space and so this is what I do.

Find free screenshot capture software. Download it and install it.

You have a choice as to which key to use for taking scree shots. Do not use a short cut key used in the game.

Take the scree shot

Open Microsoft Paint and edit the screenshot.

Make sure you save as JPEG format.

Upload the screenshot to your IPS’s web space

Display the screen shot here by utilising the “Img” button when you make a post.

Check all is correct by using the “preview” function

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:19 am

Thought i would post a quick note to let you know me and Islander have started and got as far as turn 2.

A couple of interesting games as XXX Corps in both games is suffering heavily as large numbers of bridges have been blown by their respective garrisons. :roll: well above the average. We should be able to start posting something after about turn 5 I guess, but I will chat to Islander about it.
"There is only one decisive victory: the last." (Karl von Clausewitz)
3: OTP Axis v JSS
4: Open

ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Joe » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:38 am

How is the final coming along?

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:00 pm

We should have some news in the coming weeks.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sat May 03, 2008 11:48 am

Unfortunately due to technical circumstances beyond our control - the Final of this Tournament has been unable to be completed.

Talos has been deemed winner of the Tournament and is ranked 1st place. Islander claims the runners up position in 2nd place.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sat May 03, 2008 11:54 am

The following prizes have been awarded for playing in this Tournament -

Talos - 1st Place: $100 Gift Certificate
Islander - 2nd Place: $50 Gift Certificate
Aberdeen & Scampi are both equal 3rd Place: $30 Gift Certificate
It is deemed that no Distinguished Player Award will be awarded for this Tournament.

Could each of the winners listed here please email me at robjess@gmail.com or send me a Private Message.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Talos » Mon May 05, 2008 1:14 am

This is a thank you to Rob for running the tourny, one i have enjoyed a great deal and it was unfortunate that the final came to a premature conclusion.

For those of you who are interested I have posted the first 3 turns of both my games as an AAR and am happy to answer any questions about them or anything to do with OMG generally.
"There is only one decisive victory: the last." (Karl von Clausewitz)
3: OTP Axis v JSS
4: Open

ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon May 05, 2008 6:48 am

Talos wrote:For those of you who are interested I have posted the first 3 turns of both my games as an AAR and am happy to answer any questions about them or anything to do with OMG generally.

I've had a look, professional job of course. As I've said (somewhat bitterly) I think it's a very nicely balanced game given I've managed to lose as both allies and axis, but what do you reckon in regards of play balance Talos?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Mon May 05, 2008 7:59 am

Noakesy wrote:
Talos wrote:For those of you who are interested I have posted the first 3 turns of both my games as an AAR and am happy to answer any questions about them or anything to do with OMG generally.

I've had a look, professional job of course. As I've said (somewhat bitterly) I think it's a very nicely balanced game given I've managed to lose as both allies and axis, but what do you reckon in regards of play balance Talos?

My personal opinion all things being equal is its slightly biased towards the Allies, (that could be because my personal preference is to be offensive orientated). There are a lot of places to go wrong for both sides, although its easier to recover a mistake as the Allies generally. For the Axis if you manage to goof it can be over very quickly.

If Aberdeen is about he might have a different opinion, perhaps if time allows we can swap sides at some point as I would be curious to see how it plays out when playing the allies against some one who is very good. For those following the thread earlier, Aberdeen was better placed in our semi final game until some bridges blew up at an inconvient time. :roll:
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Doggie3 » Sun May 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Talos,

A belated congratulations on winning this tournament!

Cheers
ImageImageImage
Doggie3
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefront Play By Email (PBEM)