Battlefront Market Garden PBEM Tournament!

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battlefront?

Moderators: Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Noakesy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:58 pm

Chris Merchant wrote:I know time is always an issue, but if there's a chance we could all get to see some of these games as AAR's or a summary of what went right/wrong I for one would be fascinated and appreciative.

Cheers

Agreed, although I presume they would like to get the final out of the way first :?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Chris Merchant » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:52 pm

yes good point!
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Talos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Aberdeen wrote:Well, from bad to worse!! ... hehe ... I ferried some Marines North of Nijmegen (as you do!) to interrupt supply to the Axis defenders and guess what ... the 2nd bridge blew as well!!! I'm doomed to failure!! ;p

Well i have yet to see this turn, so will see what it looks like when I get home, but if both bridges have blown and you can not attack accross the major river then its probable going to come down to how much can be killed by our respective forces at Nijmagen and Osterleck. :? Which is probable not the greatest way of deciding this game. As I noted in the previous post the luck when it was needed has not gone Aberdeen's way.

As regards an AAR quite happy to do one if I get through to the finals though its likley to be several turns behind. In addition I will have a chat with Kev (Aberdeen via email) and see what we can post about our game though again it might have to wait until after the final as I have at least certainly learnt a lot and there are some things I would do differently in any future games.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:49 am

Sounds like an interest game Talos.. let me know when its all comes to an end.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Talos » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Robjess wrote:Sounds like an interest game Talos.. let me know when its all comes to an end.

Very interesting and instructive. :)

Currently up to turn 12, which I will be looking at tonight. As prophised, its comming down how much can be killed off by our respective forces in Nijmagen and Osterbeek. Germans are down to a perimiter of 3 city blocks while 1st AB control some small towns and woods totalling 5.

On another note have had a chat with Aberdeen via email and we will post something about our game in due course, but probable not until the final is well underway.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Aberdeen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:35 am

Well, it's around turn 14 and i've still to clear 2 hexes of Nijmegen, but once they're clear, i'll have the entire allied force South of the river and the Axis just need to sit a unit to the North of either bridge to stop me rebuilding them (as they both blew when i got beside them) and ... i can do nothing about it! Boring last few turns till i lose - bloody stupid scenario ;p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aberdeen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Aberdeen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:56 pm

Well, basically "GAME OVER"; i'm 300 ahead but with a 400 forcast win for the Axis and for the last 3 turns i can't get North of Nijmegen to reach any Axis forces or VP cities ...

Congratulations to Talos for a deserved win and good luck to both finalists! :D
Aberdeen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Joe » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 pm

Did your British Airborne make it back across the river and link up with The Poles?

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Aberdeen wrote:Well, basically "GAME OVER"; i'm 300 ahead but with a 400 forcast win for the Axis and for the last 3 turns i can't get North of Nijmegen to reach any Axis forces or VP cities ...

Congratulations to Talos for a deserved win and good luck to both finalists! :D

Thanks Aberdeen, but becuase of both bridges blowing (and both the bridgeing engineers being shot to bits by artillery fire though I am not sure if they can bridge the Waal) what was a good game and finely balanced has turned into a bit of damp squid for the last couple of turns. :(

Did your British Airborne make it back across the river and link up with The Poles?
1st AB were destroyed at the end of turn 14 about Osterbeek, Poles were destroyed on landing turn 8 and the following turn.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Aberdeen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:59 pm

Joe wrote:Did your British Airborne make it back across the river and link up with The Poles?

-

No, as the Nijmegen bridges blew, and Frost was taken out early, the 1st AB were battered with all the force that the Axis could muster and only lasted till turn 15. Bloody Panzers :( ....
Aberdeen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:16 am

Welcome to the final game of this Tournament..

Islander - Allies

v

Talos - Axis

Can I ask that we get an AAR of sorts - once this game is well established, or at the very least at the end of it?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Islander » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:25 am

Islander wrote:
Chris Merchant wrote:I know time is always an issue, but if there's a chance we could all get to see some of these games as AAR's or a summary of what went right/wrong I for one would be fascinated and appreciative.

Cheers

Agreed. :)

Now, IIRC, the final is going to be a mirror, correct?

Mirror? Yes, no? :?
Islander
Captain
Captain

Postby Robjess » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Yes - Mirror. I think that is the fairest approach.

Do you want to play your games concurrently? Delayed Start or one after the other?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Talos » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:37 pm

Robjess wrote:Yes - Mirror. I think that is the fairest approach.

Do you want to play your games concurrently? Delayed Start or one after the other?

I would suggest concurrently if Islander's happy with that :?:

I am happy to do an AAR after every turn, though this will probable slow the turns up somewhat especially as I have a number of other games on the go as well. I will either post here or on my own site and just post a link if that is acceptable.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Islander » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:27 am

Sounds good to me.
Islander
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefront Play By Email (PBEM)