NEW BATTLEFRONT SCENARIO AVAILABLE

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Strax » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:15 pm

Yes, I am a little worried by how quick you've been and how passive I've felt I've had to be. At the moment (turn 2) it's difficult to know how I'm to recover.

It is strange to feel all hope is lost by turn 2. I usually get to turn 3 before that happens.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Howard7x » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Strax, if u would like to be on the offensive side of the hammer, i will take a few blows against you as the russians if you like? Let me know, oh and my e-mail has changed so PM me.
Never, ever.... ever again!

Image ImageImageImageImage
Howard7x
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:01 am

Strax wrote:It is strange to feel all hope is lost by turn 2. I usually get to turn 3 before that happens.

...well it's better than me at OMG, I usually throw the towel in around turn 1 :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby CESteman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:45 pm

LOL sounds like me when I'm playing!!
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Strax » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:37 pm

H,
I'm a bit strapped for time at the moment with Summer and all that.
I'll take a rain check if that's ok and come back to you in the Autumn.

Cheers.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Howard7x » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:23 am

No worries m8, i dont have any games on at the minute as im kinda in between houses. Let me know when its a go and we shall begin some more bad sounding russian and german slang via the wonder of e-mail.
Never, ever.... ever again!

Image ImageImageImageImage
Howard7x
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Stalingrad

Postby Strax » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:01 pm

mario vallee wrote:Did anybody ever win with the Russian ? If yes, how ? I find the German VERY strong. For all the games I play so far, Camarade Staline surender. :?

I'm getting hammered as the Soviets. Too many Fascists that are too strong. Bektova bridge head is about to crumble and we're only on turn 6.
I was hoping/supposed to start my counter from here. I'm more than likely being outplayed and I have made one stupid mistake but I would have hopped to have made more of a fist of things.
Strax
Major
Major

Re: Stalingrad

Postby Noakesy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Strax wrote:I'm more than likely being outplayed and I have made one stupid mistake but I would have hopped to have made more of a fist of things.

Well, it's pleasant to see Ivan squirm, but I think I've lost virtually every game of BF I've played (never did that badly in DBWWII), so I suspect that there is some imbalance in this one, but it's nice grinding Ivan into the dirt :D :wink:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 pm

Just started a game as Slevi, where I am the Russians, so i will post some updates from time to time and let everyone know how i get on. But from the game I played as the Germans the first few turns are not a good time for the Russian Generals. :roll:
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Russian strategy in Stalingrad

Postby dharma7 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 am

Yes, the German initial assault is very strong at the outset, and the Russian player has to be very careful on turns 1-3. You can't hold everywhere, but there are enough forces to screen and delay the Mamayev / Main ferry zone until stronger reinforcements can land with the Guards, Naval Marines, etc. In my testing I've been able to hold the Germans to a near historical result. (And I have never been able to achieve what the Germans actually accomplished on "turn 1" in the real battle--the storming of Mamayev. The addition of the Beketova bridgehead presents some interesting options. The German has to decide whether to take it or leave it. If he leaves it, and hits the cannery/grain elevator instead in the south, then 64th Army needs to put in as much of an attack as they can to help relieve pressure on Stalingrad.

Still... I may have to thin out the German special assault allocations to get a little more balance.

John
JS
dharma7
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Talos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:06 am

Well up to turn 5 now as the Soviets and things are still holding together, though its looking a bit bare in some places. The Bektova bridge head is still there but slowly being pushed back but the extra reinforcements that have just arrived at the front will probable hold Fritz for at least a while. The center has pretty much stabelised with the reinforcemnts now dug in depth while ground has been given the north gradually until i get to my earmarked front line and finally dig in. Will be interested to see how the next few turns go.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Talos » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Up to turn 14 now and things are now a lot more suspect, but have not given up yet as large numbers of reinforcements are due to arrive over the next few turns.

The Bektov Bridgehead has vanished a few turns ago and the 64th Army has been in full retreat, all the way off the edge of the map. In the centre the flanks have been pushed back generally very slowly apart from the last turn where the right flank pretty much collapsed due to some good attacking and poor management of troops on my part. I have a feeling the next few turns will be pretty decisive, if i can keep enough of the perimiter and troops together for the next few turns the Soviets might start thinking about doing some counter attacking rather than just picking off isolated or over extended units.

Probable do another update about Turn 20 if my troops are still amongst the living.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Turn 20

Postby dharma7 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:51 am

Sounds like the Germans made a major effort in the south to take Beketova...but at what expense for the fight in Stalingrad? That turn 20 Soviet reserve is the 308th Siberian and, together with the 37th and 39th Guards, you will have to hold on until turn 36 when the 45th Div arrives.

JS
JS
dharma7
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Talos » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:18 am

OK, not good news to report as the Soviet front line collapsed on turn 17. Going to start again to see if a similar result happens as neither are shaw at the moment if the Germans are to strong or not in terms of special attacks.

Should add I have another game going and this is going much better, as i learned from the first one. Will keep everyone updated on this and the next game.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby dharma7 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 am

Thanks for the dedicated testing! Yes, I think it necessary to thin out German special attacks in the middle game a bit. I got better as the Russian too after a few run throughs, gaining more experience. Keep up the good work.

JS
JS
dharma7
Corporal
Corporal

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design