NEW BATTLEFRONT SCENARIO AVAILABLE

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Version 1.0

Postby dharma7 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 pm

Yes, the version on the scenario download page now has the corrected formation structure to avoid the orphaned unit complication due to the 12 unit limitation on sub formations. (Particularly for the Germans)

That said, it is still a 1.0 version, and I will look forward to player suggestions for any revisions that might improve it.

JS
JS
dharma7
Corporal
Corporal

Stalingrad PEBM

Postby Carl Myers » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Has anybody been able to start a secure PBEM game with this new correction. Chokes on the Terrain.BFS file which has a different date from the rest of the files. Unsecured game can be made to fit.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Stalingrad PEBM

Postby dbeves » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:20 am

Carl Myers wrote:Has anybody been able to start a secure PBEM game with this new correction. Chokes on the Terrain.BFS file which has a different date from the rest of the files. Unsecured game can be made to fit.

The terrain .bfs file in the download from the SSG website has a different time stamp than the rest of the scenario files (download needs correcting ..)

I had the same problem with a hot seat game - I found the resolution was to open the scenario for edit and then immediately save it - all the files then have the same time stamp ... suggest you do this and send all the files to your to your opponent until the download is corrected ... hope this helps ...
dbeves
New Recruit

Postby mario vallee » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 am

:arrow: The terrain.bfs file MOST have the same date like the rest of the other files in the scenario folder.
Here, it is not the case. So the PBEM did not work.
I try to edit the scenario to change the date but I crash to the desktop. :cry:

:idea: Is anybody here, good enough with computer, who could change that terrain.bfs date to 2008-06-15 14:19 ?

Thank for you time.
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

that darn terrain thing

Postby dharma7 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 am

Sorry for the trouble on that guys. As the game opened and played fine after I test downloaded it, I thought all was in order. I have never done the PBEM thing, so I was unaware that it would cause a hang-up.

I suppose the easiest fix would be to simply open the game in the editor and save it. This equalizes all file dates to that save. Then you send the saved files (just the battle files not the map), to your PBEM buddy. As you both have the same set, it should run OK.

If Alex opened it in the editor, saved, and re-posted those files to the download page, it would prevent anyone who downloads in the future from encountering the problem.

Wish I had known that the dates all had to be the same. Mea Culpa. But I find I learn something new about the editor each time I use it. It has rigorous error trapping in the programming...but I guess that was designed that way to catch glitches in the database.

JS
JS
dharma7
Corporal
Corporal

Stalingrad at bay

Postby mario vallee » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:01 am

I have 2 problems with the Editor. First; at some point, it crash to desktop . Second; I can't send big files to one of my partner because he have slow internet service. :?

A other problem is because your scenario is so cool that I can't wait to play it. It is one of the best ever create. Thank again for this jewel . :P
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Noakesy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Sorry, being a 'non-techie' I'm a bit confused by all this. Does it mean that only "secure" games fail, or will a normal game against a PBEM opponent playing "non-secure" also have problems?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Re: that darn terrain thing

Postby Strax » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:00 pm

dharma7 wrote:Sorry for the trouble on that guys. As the game opened and played fine after I test downloaded it, I thought all was in order. I have never done the PBEM thing, so I was unaware that it would cause a hang-up.

I suppose the easiest fix would be to simply open the game in the editor and save it. This equalizes all file dates to that save. Then you send the saved files (just the battle files not the map), to your PBEM buddy. As you both have the same set, it should run OK.

If Alex opened it in the editor, saved, and re-posted those files to the download page, it would prevent anyone who downloads in the future from encountering the problem.

Wish I had known that the dates all had to be the same. Mea Culpa. But I find I learn something new about the editor each time I use it. It has rigorous error trapping in the programming...but I guess that was designed that way to catch glitches in the database.

JS

Alex,

Any chance of updateing the scenario? Noakesy doesn't trust me enough to play unsecure :twisted:
Strax
Major
Major

Re: that darn terrain thing

Postby Noakesy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:41 am

Strax wrote:Alex,
Any chance of updateing the scenario? Noakesy doesn't trust me enough to play unsecure :twisted:

Well, I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one........ :wink: :lol:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby AlexS » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:52 am

Hi guys,
The reason it takes a little longer these days to get these things done is that i am doing stuff for SSG in my off days - i now have a different full time job so please bear with me.

I'll add this to me todo list for this weekend (the weeknights are pretty much a goner for me at the moment).

Alex
AlexS
SSG
AlexS
SSG

Stalingrad scenario

Postby Carl Myers » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:09 am

Here are the necessary files to start a secure game with the updated formations.
Do not EXTRACT the files from the folder but COPY the files to your Stalingrad scenario folder.
Must be done by both players.
Attachments
New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
Remember, Copy not Extract
(45.46 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby AlexS » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Guys,
I've updated the scenario installer. The new exe lives at http://www.ssg.com.au/customscenarios/stalingrad-battlefrontv1.01.exe

I've not been able to give it a rigorous testing, so if someone could try it out and let me know that it works, then i'll update the html page to link to the new installer.

Alex
AlexS
SSG
AlexS
SSG

Stalingrad

Postby mario vallee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:37 am

Did anybody ever win with the Russian ? If yes, how ? I find the German VERY strong. For all the games I play so far, Camarade Staline surender. :?
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby CESteman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:53 am

Just started playing with this scenario! wonderful job if I didn't already say so. I can see that a lot of thought and hard work went into making this scenario! Keep up the good work! Cheers.
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Stalingrad

Postby Noakesy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:42 pm

mario vallee wrote:Did anybody ever win with the Russian ? If yes, how ? I find the German VERY strong. For all the games I play so far, Camarade Staline surender. :?

I'd be interested to know about this too. Strax and I are only on turn 2, but as Fritz I've had a very nice time blowing everything to pieces, :D although I guess I'll start running low on bullets and fuel in the turns ahead. :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design