Updated Manual

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Updated Manual

Postby Mensch » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:13 am

Gents,
I purchased my copy of battlefront through NWS Combat Store, a used copy if you will, but a legit one. So far as I understand, the updated manual is only available through the members section at Matrix. Whoever owned the copy before me registered it with Matrix's member's section. Matrix support replied to my request that the serial be transferred to my account with a stone wall:

Unfortunately there is only one registration allowed per game. If you would
like to register your game you will need to purchase a new one.

I don't give a hoot about registration of the game. I just want to see the updated manual. Can I get it anywhere else? Or maybe someone can tell me if it's worth the trouble at all.

PS: with my used game I did receive a hard copy of the manual.

Thanks
Mensch
Private
Private

Postby Chris Merchant » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:50 am

I'd be talking to NWS to get this sorted - if the old owner still has it registered under his name, you have an illegal copy, strictly speaking.

And there's a large amount of changes in the updated manual so I'd recommend getting hold of it if possible (although little change to the editor section if that's your interest).

cheers
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Mensch » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:07 am

If it's that big of a deal I'll pass as I have a feeling there isn't an easy way to unregister a game (if there is a way at all) by the tone of the email they sent me. Oh well.
Mensch
Private
Private

Postby Chris Merchant » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 am

well, I do know that NWS is a larger reseller of Matrix' games so he may be able to help. FWIW...

cheers
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:52 am

Sounds to me like really bad form on the part of the person who registered the game and then sold to NWS.

When the person sold to NWS, there should have been an action by that person to clear the registration at Matrix.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Chris Merchant » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:56 am

yeah - the old owner is not complying with the Matrix license agreement, and Mensch has suffered as a result.

cheers
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Mensch » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I don't think I'll bother Chris at NWS with this. Who knows how long ago he bought it from its previous owner. I got a good deal on a great game, which is enough for me. And since you say it doesn't have an expanded section on the editor, which is what I was hoping for, it can wait.
Mensch
Private
Private

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design