New Scenario for Playtest

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

New Scenario for Playtest

Postby cbelva » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:55 am

I have a new scenario for playtest. It is based on the fighting in and around St Vith during the Ardennes Offensive. The zipped file is over 10 megs. I can e-mail to anyone who would like to playtest and accept such a big attached file. I especially need help in balancing the victory conditions. I had to change how the victory conditions were calculated when I realized that SSG had not added the ability to award victory points for exiting units off the map. The manual says you can, but SSG confirmed that it was never implemented. If you would like to test the scenario, send me a PM with your e-mail and I will forward it on to you. Thanks
cbelva
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Noakesy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 pm

l'd volunteer, but I'll probably make a hash of transferring and loading the files (knowing me). However, if you don't get enough other volunteers let me know and I'll have a go for sure. Is it against an AI or PBEM only at this stage? Sounds great.

Cheers
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby cbelva » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:16 am

Noakesy,

I have sent the scenario to two so far. I have had to break it into 2 separate e-mailing due to size. They both received it ok. All you have to do is unzip the two parts into your scenario folder. It should set itself up for you.

Somethings I should have mentioned. This scenario has no AI. I tried to set up an AI, but found it too difficult without some explanation as to the difficult functions to the AI programing. I was hoping that the updated manual would have had more on the programing of the AI. I don't need a detailed explanation. A short description of the various functions and the defining of the terms would have been a big help.

The scenario is called "The Fortified Goose Egg". It is set around the fighting for St Vith during the opening days of The Ardennes Offensive. The turns are 8 hours long with 2 daytime turns and 1 nighttime turn per day. It is not a large scenario, but has enough to be interesting (I believe). I would like others feedback on the scenario. I have built a few scenarios for some other games, this is my first for either Battlefront or BII. If you would like to give it a test drive, send me a PM with you home e-mail address.
cbelva
Corporal
Corporal

Postby fjell75 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:16 am

I would love to try it :)

andfjel@hotmail.com

or

anfjelds@broadpark.no

if the above doesnt work.
Anders :)
fjell75
Corporal