Editing a game that has been run

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Editing a game that has been run

Postby gazfun » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:29 am

I just want to hi and thanks
The reason I ask this question is not because, cheating is on my mind, but because, of possibly designing a Operational game, then editing combat values after using a RTS game like Blitzkreig2 or something like that for some but not all combats, then editing the new values back into the Scenario
Charge at Beersheba..........we'll get the water there
gazfun
New Recruit

Re: Editing a game that has been run

Postby Gregor Whiley » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:47 am

gazfun wrote:I just want to hi and thanks
The reason I ask this question is not because, cheating is on my mind, but because, of possibly designing a Operational game, then editing combat values after using a RTS game like Blitzkreig2 or something like that for some but not all combats, then editing the new values back into the Scenario

I can't really comment on whether this is technically possible or not, for security reasons, but there are also philosophical questions. One problem that I see is that, given the abstractions in unit scale and composition that are necessary at the Battlefront scale, it would not be easy to get the right force mix at a lower scale. Also, the results of more tactical battles are very hard to translate back to the higher scale.

Gregor
Gregor Whiley
Vice President, SSG
www.ssg.com.au
Gregor Whiley
SSG

Postby gazfun » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:26 pm

Thanks for your reply, and is noted.
I am one of the original owners of SSG games for the Amiga etc, using Battlefront and CaW, and used to be a paperback subscriber, as Ive always enjoyed designing, what I could.
As far as scale is concerned, I feel it would depend on the map, and unit size
Charge at Beersheba..........we'll get the water there
gazfun
New Recruit

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design