Arab-Israeli Wars

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Arab-Israeli Wars

Postby captain general » Sat May 12, 2007 9:48 am

Just to throw this out there, I think Battlefront would be a great system to represent any of the Arab-Israeli Wars of 1948-1973. I have no idea how to design a scenario on Battlefront and was hoping someone here would agree with the idea and look into this. Thanks.
captain general
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburg, Kansas

Postby Robjess » Sat May 12, 2007 10:33 am

I am currently working on the Chinese Farm scenario with someone else from Run5.
User avatar
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5126
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby RedMike » Sat May 12, 2007 12:26 pm

Robjess wrote:I am currently working on the Chinese Farm scenario with someone else from Run5.


Excellent!! :)
RedMike
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:20 pm

Postby captain general » Sat May 12, 2007 1:34 pm

Cool! How long do you guys have till it's finished (I know, I'm impatient)?
captain general
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburg, Kansas

Postby Robjess » Sat May 12, 2007 3:31 pm

We have only just commenced, so its quite a long way off.
User avatar
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5126
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Noakesy » Mon May 14, 2007 9:09 pm

Pleased to say I'm working with Rob on this one --- Suez '73 (GDW) was one of my favourite board games, and with that and other sources of info (e.g. HPS or TOAW scenarios) it should be possible to create a new scenario for BF. I should warn you that this may take some time. :D :wink:
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Postby Brubaker » Tue May 15, 2007 11:36 am

Hi guys

Though I would love to be able to offer some time to help, I unfortunately do not have any to spare. But I can certainly offer the benefit of my experince with the Battlefront editor if you guys run into any difficulty with something - there are certainly a few nuances to work through.

Good luck I look forward to this one.

Brubaker
User avatar
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:57 am

Postby Noakesy » Tue May 15, 2007 5:07 pm

Thanks for the note Brubaker, Rob is leading the technical part of this project, which is great as it means I can learn how to do this for future reference, as I'm a complete dunce when it comes to using DB let alone BF editor. :D
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: UK

1948?

Postby MengCiao » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:48 am

Noakesy wrote:Thanks for the note Brubaker, Rob is leading the technical part of this project, which is great as it means I can learn how to do this for future reference, as I'm a complete dunce when it comes to using DB let alone BF editor. :D


I'd like to help out on any 1948-49 Southern Front vs Egyptian Expeditionary Force scenarios. Any hints on how to make maps
would be a big help
MengCiao
New Recruit
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:45 am

Re: 1948?

Postby flintlock » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 am

MengCiao wrote:Any hints on how to make maps would be a big help


Take a peek at this thread. Although it's for the DB series, I'd imagine much of it applies to BF too.
User avatar
flintlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:15 am

Re: 1948?

Postby Noakesy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:22 am

MengCiao wrote:
Noakesy wrote:Thanks for the note Brubaker, Rob is leading the technical part of this project, which is great as it means I can learn how to do this for future reference, as I'm a complete dunce when it comes to using DB let alone BF editor. :D


I'd like to help out on any 1948-49 Southern Front vs Egyptian Expeditionary Force scenarios. Any hints on how to make maps
would be a big help


I'm providing the OOB for Robjess as we're working together on this, but I'm way behind. We're working on 1973 (interesting programme on the box the other night). I don't have a lot of info on 1948-49, but do have some if you need it (looking at the above I anticipate you don't :D )
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: UK


Return to Battlefront Scenario Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron