Bug with editing movement in new scenario

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Bug with editing movement in new scenario

Postby cbelva » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:41 am

I am working on a new scenario and have come across what appears to be a bug. I have terrain which is prohibited to wheel and track movement. I want to design an infantry unit which has "leg" movement as its primary mode of movement. I want the extended to represent it being loaded in trucks using "wheel" movement so that it cannot move thru the prohibited terrain. I edited the unit counter placing a green dot in the number one slot and a red dot in the number 3 slot. When I place the red dot in the number three slot, the unit shows in both basic and extended movement in the scenario as having wheeled movement. Therefore it cannot move thru the prohibited terrain in basic mode. I have removed the red dot and the unit reverts back to leg movement in basic type. But it can then move in extended mode thru the prohibited terrain which I don't want.

Is this the way the program works, or is it a bug and the "red/green" dots are not working as outlined in another post where the green dot defines the basic or primary movement type and the red dot defines the extended movement type?

Thanks for the reply.
cbelva
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Bug with editing movement in new scenario

Postby JSS » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:22 am

cbelva wrote:Is this the way the program works, or is it a bug and the "red/green" dots are not working as outlined in another post where the green dot defines the basic or primary movement type and the red dot defines the extended movement type?

Different movement types only applies in KP. BiN, BII, and BF use only one movement type per unit.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby cbelva » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:20 pm

Ok, that explains it. What was the reasoning behind not allowing different movement types?

I will have to rethink movement in my scenario.

Thanks for the answer.
cbelva
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Brubaker » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:33 pm

Cbelva excuse my ignorance but my understanding of creating extended movement is to place a GREEN dot in the fifth slot - nowhere else. This allows a unit to be leg/motorised leg. Is this not what you want to do?

If you simply want a unit to be leg and have truck lift capability, why can't you just allow it have trucks assigned to it?

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby cbelva » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:21 pm

I thought that I read somewhere that the 5th dot was not implemented. It had been intended for movement like that of sort but there was some problem with it. I could be wrong and will take a look at it.

Basically, what I have done is make all infantry leg and then placed the extended moved to reflect the extra distant the vehiches (whether trucks or halftracks) would give.
cbelva
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design