Game Freeze

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Game Freeze

Postby rniles » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:18 am

I have spent quite a bit of time designing a new scenario. It's not completely done yet, but in doing some alpha testing on my own I find that the game crashes (freezes) following the second payer turn of turn 11. In other words, I press the red button to execute the turn end, the button turns green, and everything freezes. I have to Ctl-Alt-Del to end the program.

There are 18 turns in the game. Everything works fine up until the end of turn 11. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks.
rniles
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby JSS » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:37 am

A game freeze is not one of the normal reactions. Crash to desktop (CTD) is what happens when something is wrong in the editor settings. It would be difficult to say anything definitive without seeing the scenario.

Only time I've seen the game freeze was on a user scenario that had an incomplete OOB during development.

In BII very large scenario maps have been known to freeze up systems with relatively small amounts of RAM.
Last edited by JSS on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Robjess » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:49 am

You are best making the scenario available to one of the more experienced designers like JSS, Brubaker or myself - we can then have a look at the your scenario and then try and establish what the problem may be. Its hard to problem solve without have access to the files.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby CESteman » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:05 pm

Hey Rob nice to see your posts again. I was starting to wonder if you were MIA :)
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:39 pm

I still read the forums, but I tend to take a backseat in terms of posting much these days.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby CESteman » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:54 pm

I understand. Just being nosey :)
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design